Wedding Crasher - Daniel Ricciardo

You never thought that you would be one to crash a wedding but there were many things you would never do that happened in the course of the past six years. That's the kind of influence Daniel had on you since the day you met him all of those years ago. What started out as a tight friendship turned into something more, at least for you it did, and as you clutch the invitation in your hand looking up at the venue where he's getting married you can't help but feel like this could be a defining moment in your life.

You close your eyes crumpling up the invite as you try to gather the courage to walk into the ceremony. After a deep breath you release the card stock paper, the ball falling to your feet as you take hold of your dress to be able to walk without tripping. Going into the venue spikes your nerves, an employee directing you to the ceremony leaving a less than genuine smile on your face while you rush to make it in time. Your heart beats in yours ears as you stand in front of the closed doors where the wedding is underway, you place a hand on the door determination on your face before you push it gently. The squeak that follows makes you cringe as you slip into the room. The first pair of eyes you notice on you are Daniel's, his bride to be stands at his side also looking at you. Something about the moment scares you, Daniel standing there in a tux you wished was for you and not her, so you shake your head a tear rolling down your cheek as you run right back out of the ceremony.

Once you're out of the building the dam breaks and you sink to the curb sobbing. You kick your heels off and bring your legs to your chest feeling pathetic because you thought you would be able to go after what you've wanted for so long. A hand comes to your shoulder making you gasp and look up, the sight of the curly haired Aussie makes your eyes widen. "What are you doing? Go back in there!" you exclaim in panic, he lifts an eyebrow before sitting down next to you. "Only if you come with me" he replies, you look away while shaking your head, "I can't" you say quietly while playing with the skirt of your dress, "aw come on Y/N" he jokes and nudges your shoulder, "I can't watch the man I'm in love with marry someone else" a deadly silence follows your statement.

"What?" the Aussie chokes out, you shrug while continuing to avoid his gaze, "Dan you're amazing, you have this charm that has millions of girls falling for you, and somewhere along the way I fell but you can do so much better than me and you have with that woman waiting at the altar for you" a hand cradles your cheek making you look up. "Why didn't you say anything?" he asks with furrowed eyebrows, "because being your friend is better than the heartbreak I would feel when you reject me" you reply as another tear trickles down your cheek. Daniel wipes it away quickly, the gentle touch of his thumb sending a jolt through your body, "how did you know I didn't feel the same way y/n? that I don't feel the same?" you let out a sardonic laugh, "look at where we are Daniel, you're in a tuxedo that i've imagined you in for years, and she's in a dress i've only ever dreamed of wearing if I ever got the chance to marry you" his hands move to hold yours tightly. 

"Say the word and i'll leave with you right now, no hesitation or regrets" he exclaims while looking into your eyes, your heart skips at the passion in his voice, "but-" he leans in to press a kiss to your lips cutting off your words as he brings his hands back up to either side of your face. When he pulls away you immediately miss the way his lips feel against yours, "what about your family?" he smiles at you, "i'm pretty sure they love you more than her" you bite your lip looking into his dark eyes. He suddenly stands and holds a hand out to you, "what do you say Y/N? me and you against the world" you let a smile come to your face while slipping your palm into Daniel's, who tugs you up to your feet before surprising you with another kiss, this one speaking volumes about your shared feelings for one another. 

"I KNEW IT!" you pull away at the yell, looking over the Aussie's shoulder to see a very angry bride at the doors of the venue, her dress reflecting the sun beautifully as she watches us. Seconds later the whole wedding party appears, family and friends following closely, all eyes now on you and Daniel. "Aunt Y/N" a small voice yells before Isaac breaks through the adults running towards you a grin on his face, Michelle tries to catch the little boy, but with no success as he reaches us, his little arms wrapping around your legs tightly. Him calling you his aunt has you holding back your tears, "well he knows what he wants" Daniel murmurs making you smile slightly while peering down at the little boy that you have grown to love just as much as his uncle. "Why did it take this long?" you ask moving your gaze to the Aussie's, he swiftly lifts his nephew into his arms, "because we're both stubborn and have a hard time talking about our feelings" he replies with an adorable smile, "unca Danny is Y/N going to stay?" you smile at the little blonde boy moving a hand up to ruffle his hair, "you can't get rid of me that easily squirt" he giggles bringing a smile to both yours and Daniel's face. The McLaren driver uses his free arm to pull you into him, your hands smoothing down the lapels of his tux, "I hate how similar we are" you mumble, "mmm, but I love our differences too much to care" he hums while lowering his head slightly. Isaac wiggling in Daniel's arm make you giggle, you watch him crouch down to place his nephew on the ground, running back to his mom instantly, letting the Aussie pull you in closer again. "Me and you alright?" you nod while placing a hand on his cheek, "I love you Danny" he smiles and ducks his head to kiss you slowly, "and I love you Y/N" he murmurs into your lips, erasing all of the doubts and worries that have been building up in your subconscious.