Under The Lights - Pierre Gasly

You keep your eyes on the various screens in front of you when the lights go out and the race begins in Bahrain. The signature Ferrari red of your team shirt reflecting back at you while you do real time analysis of Charles' car. When your glasses fog up due to the movement of mask covering the lower portion of your face you sigh but make the adjustment for a tighter fit. "It gets easier to handle Y/N" you look over at one of the engineers, "that makes me feel better" he pats your shoulder before looking back at the screens.

••••

When you got the job at Ferrari at the beginning of the year you couldn't believe it. The pandemic hit you hard, having just graduated from university with no job prospects lined up meant browsing all of the job boards while also working part time in retail hoping that you would find something while the world was at a stand still. When the job alert with the Ferrari job came into your inbox you jumped at the opportunity, applying almost instantly not caring that it would have you moving to a different country. After the all important interview with the team you're overjoyed when you get the call a few days later informing you that you would be a part of the Ferrari team.

On the day you met everyone at Ferrari, you were welcomed with open arms, metaphorically of course with the pandemic preventing any contact. When you were brought out to the test course for the first time to watch the drivers do a few laps you were brimming with excitement. Meeting Charles and Carlos was like being reacquainted with your best friends, them joking around to keep it relaxed, teasing you from the get go while they aren't in the cars.

The two of them ended up taking you out at the end of that day, which is where you first met Pierre, Charles' childhood friend. The two of you immediately got along, and ignored the surroundings as you talked while socially distanced as a table separated you. Neither you nor the Frenchman noticed the knowing looks on the Ferrari drivers' faces throughout that night. Before the night ended you wrote your number on a nearby napkin and gave it to Pierre, not knowing that it would amount to something more than friends in a matter of months.

••••

When Charles crosses the finish line in P6 you let out a sigh of relief dropping your headset around your neck tuning in to the claps and cheers circling around the team garage. You smile at your co-workers letting them pull you into the excitement of getting through the first race of the season. You're brought into a hug by the Monégasque minutes later, "we got through the weekend Y/N" he exclaims making you smile, "yep, and you got some good points to show for it" he lets you go before fist bumping some other team members, "don't forget to call Charlotte" you tell him, he nods and leaves the garage to do his post-race media rounds. You get pulled away from the celebrations to do the final wrap ups of the weekend with the engineering team, knowing the sooner its done the sooner you can go back to the hotel.

You leave the Ferrari paddock later sighing as you bring your hair up into a messy bun the exhaustion having caught up to you. A smile comes to your face when you see Pierre walk over from where he was waiting. "I saw what happened out there, you okay?" you ask the Alpha Tauri driver, "oui ma chérie, onto the next race now" he replies while pulling you into a hug, "but first sleep" he laughs at your statement but pulls away to take your hand, "allons-y" you smile letting him lead you out of the now quiet venue.

Once in your hotel room the two of you take of your masks. You smile when seeing your boyfriend's grin, "viens ici Y/N" you walk over about to take his hands, "attendez je dois laver mes mains" you exclaim before jogging into the washroom to wash your hands. He does the same once you're done, you then let the driver take your hands to tug you to him. You smile as he brings his free hand up to cradle your face, "je t'aime" you press your lips to his in response. Pierre pulls you flush to him making you move a hand to the nape of his neck. He pulls away slightly to rest his fit head against yours, noses touching making you smile, "je t'aime" he smiles too, "let's go sleep Y/N" you nod in reply and walk over to your suitcase to pull out your pjs, which is just one of his old shirts.

When the two of you are in bed a few minutes later you bask in the quiet moment together. His arm is slung over your waist keeping you close to his chest, your hands are laced with his while smiling. "Move in with me?" Pierre suddenly asks, you gasp, quickly turning to face the Frenchman "quoi?" you reply, "je veus venir à toit chaque nuit Y/N". You move a hand up to his jaw, your thumb moving along his skin, "t'est sûr?" he smiles before kissing you , "oui je suis tellement sûr" you look into his blue eyes knowing that you can trust him through the big step in your relationship. "Okay let's do it" he smiles at your reply before hugging you tightly pressing multiply kisses to your head making you giggle. "I can't wait" he murmurs making you tighten your arms around him, while your thoughts run wild with ideas of a future you could have with the Alpha Tauri driver that has captured your heart during a most unprecedented time in the world. "Me neither mom amour" you reply while resting your head on his chest your eyes closing slowly as he drops one last kiss to your head before you fall asleep completely.