Young and In Love - Daniel Ricciardo

You watch Daniel getting interviewed from a spot that you know no one will see you. The Aussie that managed to get into the top 5 grinning from ear to ear as reporters ask him questions about the race he just finished. You can't help but grin as well seeing him at his happiest, thankful that you can be here for the man that you've fallen in love with over the past few months of dating. As you stand in the obstructed viewing area you can't help but think about the doubts your friends have been voicing since you told them about Daniel. Telling you that dating someone so much older than you won't end well, especially since he's in different countries almost every weekend, while you stay at home because of your just out of university full time job. Just as quickly as you thought it they go away remembering that you're at this race for Daniel and your issues can be solved when you get back home.

As the interviews wrap up for all the drivers you gather your things and start to make your way to where you and Daniel decided to meet after the chaos. You try to stay invisible while you walk through the paddock, hoping that the photographers don't notice the 22-year-old trying to go see her very famous secret boyfriend. The only thing you can think of doing is keep your gaze on your phone while occasionally looking up to stay on the right path towards the meeting spot. "Hey Y/N!" you jump at the voice and look up from your screen to see Charlotte, who smiles at you, "oof warn a girl next time" she shrugs so you put away your phone, "he did good today" she adds, you nod as a smile comes to your face, "he's been waiting for a breakthrough" you reply as the two of you walk through the paddock, "you going to go meet him?" She mumbles quietly. You nod enthusiastically making her laugh, "you're so adorable" she says making you narrow your eyes, "shut up" you reply and shove her slightly making her laughs become louder. You sigh and leave her to sneak away to Daniel, wanting to congratulate the Aussie as soon as possible.

The corner you turn to get to the meeting spot has you grinning widely. Daniel pushes off the wall where he's waiting, already dressed to go back to the hotel, you rush over and throw your arms around his neck to pull him into a hug. He chuckles before winding his arms around your waist bringing you closer, "I'm so proud Dan, you drove so well" you mumble into his shoulder, he kisses your head before pulling away slightly to catch your lips with his. You bring your hand up to the side of his face as he squeezes your waist slightly, pulling away only to rest his forehead against yours, his brown eyes sparkling with happiness. "I'm so fucking happy that you're here Y/N" he murmurs while gently brushing your hair away from your face, "I guess I'm feeling something because I'm here for some race" you reply no emotion present whatsoever. He narrows his eyes before his fingers find your most ticklish spot. You burst into giggles not realizing how loud you are, and Daniel not stopping you in the moment, "why do I deal with your antics?" you shake your head trying to push his hands away to be able to breath. "I'm joking, god I've loved every minute of being here with you" is what you finally get out as you catch your breath. He smiles before bringing you close again, dropping another kiss to your lips, his hands sneaking under the plain black tee you opted to wear to stay under the radar during the weekend. You place a hand on his pulling it away from what was sure to be an inappropriate location, "not here" you say into his lips making him pull away, a pout coming to his face. "Meet me at my room?" you ask the Aussie, he smiles again while nodding and you press a kiss to his cheek before turning back towards the paddock exit, wanting to get back to the hotel as quickly as possible.

••••

The next morning starts out delightfully, with Daniel's arms around you and the realization that he has a couple of days off. You let the McLaren driver sleep as you slide out of the large hotel bed to check your phone for any messages from work. But before you can unlock the device arms slide around you from behind, "don't even think about it gorgeous" the Aussie murmurs sleepily making you smile and put a hand on his arm, "it's a habit" you reply, he kisses your neck and easily takes the phone from your hand, putting it back down on the table, "let's go back to bed" you giggle but don't object as he walks the two of you back to where the morning began.