Knight In Shining Football Boots - Mason Mount

You felt honoured to get one of the fought for internships with the England National Team. When you got the first acceptance from the HR department you celebrated marvellously with your family. Their many words of support filling you with happiness as you prepared for what was to come.

••••

A couple of weeks in, you and the other interns are setting up for Men's National Team arrivals which is happening the next morning. "D'you reckon we'll get to chat with 'em?" one of your new mates ask while putting up a directional sign in the main lobby of the complex, "that wouldn't be very professional of us" you reply from where you're sitting while organizing ID passes. "It would be rude not to say anything if they start a conversation though" another intern replies making you laugh, "she gets me Y/N" you shrug, only looking up at your grinning colleagues for a second before going back to your assigned task.

The next day comes quicker than anticipated, your supervisor rushing around when you arrive at St. George's Park. She shoots you a quick smile before directing you to where the content team is preparing for player photoshoots. You're greeted with waves and smiles before you get put to work, the music playing through a nearby portable speaker making the job a little more fun. A couple of minutes later you hear some laughter before three footballers enter the room shoving each other, you don't look up from what you're doing but smile at the sound of their antics. "Y/N?" you look up to see not only the content creation girl but the footballers looking your way. The attention makes you blush, "what's up?" you ask then clear your throat, "come help with the lights?" you nod and stand from your spot to help.

As you adjust one of the lights something sharp catches your arm. You hiss and can't help but look down, the cut starts bleeding a surprising amount and you feel your head starting to spin at the severity. "Are you okay?" A voice asks making you look up quickly, but the movement makes the spinning worse as black spots decorate your vision preventing you from getting a good look at the person before everything goes black. You don't see or hear the panic of everyone in the room as you're lifted into some arms to get you to the team medic. The kind man carrying you in a state of worry as he keeps checking for signs of consciousness. Only feeling better when he gets you some medical attention from the team doctor.

••••

You stir awake a half hour later, confused as to where you are. A tightness in your arm makes you look at it, realization coming to your mind at the bandages wrapped around the spot where you were cut. "It's not as bad as you think" a voice says making you jump while lifting your head, you're shocked to see Mason Mount on a nearby chair looking disheveled with his hair all over the place. "I know I got cut but how'd I get here? I don't remember" he sits up straighter then smiles, leaving your heart fluttering, "you fainted so I carried you here, really gave everyone a scare Y/N" you blush, embarrassed about what happened and him having to come to the rescue.

"That's awfully mortifying, I'm sorry for making such a scene" the footballer furrows his brows, "no need to be sorry, I think any one of us would've been queasy from seeing a lot of blood" you smile shyly at Mason, "well thank you for saving me back there, you should probably go back to the team now though" he shrugs then scoots his chair towards where you've sat up. "I'm in no rush, plus I need to be absolutely sure that you're alright" you bite your lip and look down to where your hands lay on your lap, "i'll survive Mason" he snorts which makes you look up again. "Stand up then" you tilt your head as if to question his suggestion then shrug before sliding off the massage table. When you get upright your legs nearly give out but luckily Mason's quick reflexes come into action to catch you as a gasp leaves your lips and your hands cling onto his arms. "I didn't realize" you mumble feeling a little stupid, "you lost a decent amount of blood Y/N, don't rush anything" he replies quietly making you look up at his warm brown eyes, which reassure you.