Moving Day - Mason Mount

The flat where you spent most of your adult life sits practically bare as you pack up the last box. You take a moment while sitting on the floor to remember the great times had here. The many move nights, the ultra-competitive game nights and charged match days of yelling at the telly to voice your support for your favourite club. The neighbours that became friends and introduced you to Mason go through your mind, which makes a smile appear on your face.

"Ready to go Y/N?" you blink at question then close the last box. When you get to your feet you carefully lift the box of belongings, "yeah, just going through the memories one last time" Mason smiles then easily swipes the box from your arms. "We've had so many good ones here" you nod then look up at him, "can I just say that when Ben told me he found the perfect man for me I didn't think it would be you" he laughs then slowly steers you out of the flat. "Thought you were above a football player?" you shake your head, "god no, he showed me a photo of you before introducing us and I was certain that you were way out of my league" he lifts an eyebrow and you see the silent question in his eyes. "Let's get these boxes moved and then I'll tell you which photo" he pouts but doesn't object as you two get into his car with the final few boxes. "It'll be odd not coming back here" you mumble while watching the building moving further away in the side mirror, "yeah but now you get to come home to our place" Mason replies which makes you smile, "I can't wait" he takes your hand to squeeze it gently.

Once you put the heavy box down with the others in Mason's living room you shuffle over to the couch to sit down. Almost immediately he lays down with his head on your lap. You smile down at the footballer then tap his nose with your finger, he grins which brings out his dimples. "I love you Mase" he reaches up for your hand then proceeds to kiss it softly, "love you Y/N" you hum and he brings your hand down to his chest, to hold it there.

After some much needed silence Mason sits up before easily tugging you into his body. "You gonna tell me which picture?" you laugh at his question, "I'm shocked you were able to wait this long to hound me about it" he rolls his eyes at your teasing smile. You stop avoiding the subject at his eye roll and sigh. "It's the one Ben took of you after your hat trick with Chelsea, you were in the locker room holding the ball up to your cheek while shirtless" you admit then blush when you see the proud look on Mason's face. "Remind me to thank him for showing you a shirtless pic as the first one" you shove his chest so he chuckles while pulling you even closer if that's possible. "I think he wanted me to get laid but I wanted to find out more about the man who smiled with the joy of a child after playing a football match" you explain further.

When Mason doesn't say anything in response you tilt your head to see his expression, which conveys his love for you. "You never stop surprising me Y/N" he murmurs so you shrug not sure how to respond. "I guess since we're living together I can continue to surprise you" he smiles then shifts you onto his lap before turning your body to face him, "I'm the luckiest man alive for it" you cradle his jaw with the gentlest touch, "and I'm the luckiest woman alive because of a friend who couldn't stay out of my love life" he presses a soft kiss to your lips then pulls back. "He's never gonna let us forget it" you nod in agreement "I think I can live with that if it means remembering how we met and got to where we are now" Mason hums then drops his lips to your shoulder to pepper your skin with kisses. "To whatever lies ahead" you say, "and all of the memories we'll make" he adds before the two of you spend the first evening in your shared home.