CHAPTER 83: GO BACK (PART 2)

Princess Butterfly: Rhombus socks-man! You saved me!

Rhombus socks-man: Of course I did, Princess! I love you!

Princess Butterfly: I love you too!

Rhombus socks-man: But how? I am just a dirty piece of clothing and you are a beautiful princess!

Princess Butterfly: Even so, I still love you! I don't want to marry Prince Fluffy Scarf!

Rhombus socks-man: In that case I have a proposal for you princess!

Princess Butterfly: Yes?.. Rhombus socks-man?..

Rhombus socks-man: Would you.... Would you..... Would you marry m-..

Knock Knock Knock

I see the 5-year-old me startle at the sound of the door knocking. I ... well, she... looks at the stuffed butterfly and the sock which has eyes painted with a black marker recently, she looks at them as if she has come back to reality after staying so long in her imagination.

Knock Knock Knock

Y/N: Coming!

Little me gets up from the floor where she was playing and walks out of her room, I follow her.

I see her walking, tripping over her own feet, I was very small back then.. She finally stands in front of the door.

Y/N: Who is it?

Since little me can't see that high, I peek through the peephole to see who it is. A middle-aged white owl lady is standing behind the door.

??: I'm your new neighbor honey, Gin.

Y/N: .... Who?

I see the owl make a lack of patience face and a long silence followed by a mock laugh.

Gin: Ha Ha.. I hadn't heard that one before..

Little me turns her head in confusion not understanding the unintentional joke she just made.

Gin: Anyway, I brought you a little welcome gift, honey. Can I come in?

Looking through the peephole, Gin picks up a fret with a good pie, while she smiles sweetly.

Little me nods, even though Gin can't see her and tries to reach for the doorknob. She stands on tiptoe and tries to hold onto it, but she doesn't quite reach it, not even for a brief second.

After several attempts, little me lets out moans of annoyance and gives up, sitting on the floor.

Y/N: I can't.

Gin: What do you mean you can't?

Y/N: The thing that turns is very, very, very far.

Gin: You ... you mean the doorknob, honey?

Little me nods her head again.

Y/N: Mhm!

Gin: Well, go get your father and tell him to help you, sweetie.

Y/N: But I can't. He's not here.

Gin's face turns serious and confused after hearing her.

Gin: Do you have a babysitter or an adult in there who can help you?

Y/N: Nuh-uh.

Gin puts the pie aside, worried and crouches in front of the door.

Gin: Do you know where your daddy is now?

Y/N: He left the house.

Gin: How long has he been out?

Confused, little me goes silent thinking for a few seconds.

Y/N: A while ago.

Gin, worried, gets up and leans out of the apartment windows.

Gin: Don't move from here honey, I'm going to find your dad.

Y/N: Ok.

After that, Gin rushes away from the door. Little me goes back to her room confused.

I was going to follow her, but then I heard the door of the house open. So I turn to see it.
I see Gin and my.. dad enter the house annoyed.

Now I see outside the house that it's no longer daytime, I can see the stars and the lights of the city.. So they were out for a few hours.

I turn to see the small room by the door, where I see little me watching TV.

I approach her, and I only hear arguments from a distance.

Gin: You can't leave your daughter alone like that!

Dad: Please! Understand that I am desperate, I just want my life back!

Gin: Going to bars to get drunk and flirt with women?

Dad: Oh please..

Meanwhile little me is focused on the TV, it seems as if she wasn't paying attention to anything thats happening... but actually, she's listening perfectly.

Gin: She is only five years old Zanko.. Take care of your little girl..

I stop looking at little me and turn to see Dad and Gin sitting at the table, both of them looking at me.

Gin: Just look at her ... she's so small, and she's so sweet ..

Dad: Yeah I know..

Gin: Promise me you'll take care of her.

My dad just keeps looking at me, with tears in his eyes and his fur somewhat disheveled. Still... his gaze shows no compassion.

Dad: Sure..

Gin sighs in relief and stands up.

Gin: Glad to hear it, I have to go. Maybe I can visit you guys soon.

Dad: Sure..

Gin approaches the door saying goodbye to little me with her feathered hand, the little me shows her hand too, but she doesn't smile.

Gin opens the door but before leaving she says one more thing..

Gin: Oh, and Zanko..

My dad turns to see her one more time.

Gin: Enjoy the time you have with her, she will be a heartbreaker when she grows up.

Dad: Yeah..

My dad smiles weakly and turns to see me once more, his smile turning more and more .... frustrated.

Dad: Just like her mother..

Gin smiles and says goodbye once more.

Gin: See you later Zanko.

And finally Gin leaves..

As soon as she leaves, dad gets up from his seat and walks towards little me, when little me sees him, she also gets up and walks towards him, but when she sees the way he walks towards her... in such an... intimidating, big, and slow way.. makes her stop and wait for him to get to her.

When dad reached her, he kneels down and puts his hand on her little shoulder.

Dad: Oh Y/N....

Dad hugs little me slowly, it almost covering her completely. He gives her a cold hug.

Dad: It's not your fault that you ruined my life.

Little me does not say or do anything, she just stands there receiving dad's hug with tears in her eyes...

The nightmare just began.