CHAPTER 79: FOR HERE OR TO GO?

Pelican: Here you go. Fried noodles, extra large with an egg sunny side up.

Legoshi's noodles were the last to arrive.  Although we have all asked the same thing, with the exception that our plates are smaller and mine doesn't have an egg.

Legoshi: Thanks, let's dig in.

Pelican: You're with pretty bad shape there, you're the one who should dig in.

The pelican leaves as if seeing a couple of badly injured teenagers is an everyday thing.  I turn my head somewhat confused but the thought doesn't last as long as I can smell the noodles on my plate.

Legoshi: Let's eat.

As soon as he says that, Legoshi breaks the chopsticks and begins to eat, while Haru stares at them.  I'm not going to lie, I may have taken a bite or two from my plate while I waited for Legoshi's plate to be delivered, but now I can eat without having to hide it.

Haru: You're actually pretty organized for a seventeen year old.

Legoshi and I turned to see Haru although we're still eating, not knowing which one of us she's talking to.

Haru: I mean, you even hide emergency fund in your shoe.

Oh man, I almost forgot that we are eating thanks to Legoshi's money.

Y/N: Hey, remember me when we get to school to pay you for this plate.

He finishes swallowing the noodles and shakes his head.

Legoshi: It's ok, you don't have to.

Y/N: Are you sure?

Legoshi nods his head calmly, and goes back to eating. I could be one of the people who say, "No please, I insist" but I just want to enjoy these noodles, after all we're in a hurry to reach the last train.

Y/N: Well... thanks.

Legoshi: No problem, my grandpa taught me to do that when I was little, so it became a habit.

Haru: So you were grandpa's boy?

Legoshi: Well.. it's just one of those memories, you know?

A grandpa?.. Wow, I would have liked to meet mine.. or a grandma.  Perhaps things would have been different...

I turn to my plate, it's almost empty.  Wow, I was really hungry.  I finish eating the remains and look at Legoshi.

That pelican told him to eat, you can see that he listened to him, he also eats as much as he can, although he eats slower than me.

Maybe after a while I've gotten used to seeing my friends like this, but now that I think about it, that pelican was right about us looking fatal.

Legoshi seems pretty hurt, especially on the side with all the blood stained on his shirt. Most of his injuries appear to be serious though luckily he hasn't bled out more which means he'll be ok. 

Haru on the other hand, looks intact, I don't see any scratches or bruises on her, even so, I don't know what kind of hell she had to go through with those lions.

I look down to look at my body, I have scratches and bruises on my arms but they don't seem so serious, my back doesn't burn as much as I think it would, I suppose that leaning against the chair in which I'm sitting blocks the view of the scratch. 

I think my most noticeable wound is the one in my ear, which still burns and rings sometimes, it feels warm and every so often I put my hand on it to make sure it's not bleeding...

Then, I have the issue with.. my leg... It's as if my body would have gotten used to the pain in what now feels as a piece of ice stuck on my leg, I feel what can be the burning sensation when you hold an ice cube for too long, but nothing more.

I shake my head and try to stop thinking about all the hell we went through, I look back at my plate that's completely empty now, I lower my ears in sadness.

It is then when I feel a stare, I turn up to see Haru, who's giving me a little smile, I smile back but she doesn't seem to react.  What is she thinking about?  She looks down and finally speaks.

Haru: When you finish, let's take the train back.

Legoshi: Ok.

It's now that I realize that even though Legoshi has been eating too, he hasn't eaten even half of the plate, just like Haru. I feel a bit embarrassed, but now that I think about it, I don't think I had eaten anything all day.. No wonder it tasted so good.

Pelican: What? The last train has left already.

Y/N: ..What?

All of us lift our ears and stare at the pelican, hoping it's a joke... But no, it must be true, it's already gotten dark.

Haru: So um.. how much money do you have?

Legoshi: Hm? Oh um, about.. 4500 yen.

Y/N: ... Now what?

We go silent for a few seconds but in the end Legoshi said what was the most obvious thing that would happen.

Legoshi: Should we find a place to spend the night?