CHAPTER 39: JUST FRIENDS

I sit on a bench in front of the restaurant, facing the street and the city, with people walking in harmony.

Just as before, people look calm and peaceful, when really, this is a fragile world.  Everyone deep down is scared.  That's why any abnormal behavior of any carnivore alters them.

I hold the straps of my backpack as I remember what happened.  I may be small, but even so, being a wolf causes people to fear me.  Specially when I get to yell like I did back there.

Of course... no one seemed to bother when Bill made that kind of comments to me. I don't know if it's because they weren't listening.  But however it is, these people don't really care about carnivores unless it affects them. At least, that's what I think now.

I look up at the sky to see the huge buildings and the birds flying.  I close my eyes to feel the sun rays, even if they're strong, the fresh breeze prevents me from feeling hot.

I feel the wooden bench I'm sitting on sink a little, so I can perceive that someone's sitting next to me.

I open my eyes and peek to my left, which is where I felt the bench sink.  I find Legoshi who's looking down while sitting next to me.  What is he doing here?

I look down too, and sigh. He doesn't like to be judged, it'd be better for him if he doesn't approach me for a while...

Y/N: Why didn't you stay with them?

Legoshi: What?

I play around with my hands without looking into his eyes, it pains me to tell him this, but I want to be alone.

Y/N: You don't gain anything by being with me now after what I did back there, I don't want you to be judged either.  It's ok, you can go back with them.. I can wait here.

However, he doesn't leave, he keeps sitting next to me and looks towards the city as I was doing.

Legoshi: No thanks, I already had enough with their talks too.

I turn to see him when I hear what he said.  He's looking at the city calmly.  It's like He didn't saw what I did a few moments ago.

Legoshi: The truth is, it's annoying when they speak that way, treating people as their belonging.  Also, it's strange that he speaks to me that way now, when we were attacking each other a few weeks ago.

I agree with him, these people ate... peculiar, I don't know why Bill behaves that way, and I know I'm not the only one who questions it. I know he's not gonna leave, so I should stop trying to get him away from me.

Y/N: I'm sorry, I ... I must control my anger issues.

I guess I find myself in the same situation Legoshi was a few months ago.

Legoshi: Honestly, I'm surprised that you endured him so much, I'm surprised that I haven't attacked him before you, heh.

We both chuckle a bit quietly.  Although we know it's a serious issue, he tries to keep me upbeat.

Y/N: Heh, yeah, it's just, I can't stand it when they talk to me like that, or they talk about us like we have to... you know.

I Blush a bit just thinking about it, Legoshi also cringes at hearing that.

Legoshi: W-Well... You don't have to worry, it's clear to me that you and I are just friends, that's all.

Y/N: Heheh yeah, that's good.

We both smile and look back at the city.

This is the answer I wanted to hear.  No conflicts or anything.  We're both sure that we just want to be friends and that's it....

So... Why am I not happy to hear that?  It's what I wanted to hear, right?. We're good friends and we have each other...

But ... Why am I not satisfied?