CHAPTER 54: TALK ABOUT LOVE

I walk to Legoshi to hang out with him before we leave school.

Y/N: Hey Legoshi!

He smiles when he turns to see me and stops for me to catch him up.  When I get to him, I realize that he looks taller than I remembered.  Is he growing?  Or did he stoped stooping down?

Legoshi: Hey Y/N, sorry for not waiting for you.  I was thinking about... other things.

Y/N: Yeah, don't worry, I've been thinking too.

Legoshi: So.. What've you been up to?

Since there's more trust between Legoshi and I, it's not so hard to start a topic of conversation without it being so awkward. 

Y/N: Not much.  How do you think it's gonna go at the festival?

Although I feel calm next to him, I scratch my calf with my foot and play around with the fur on my face curling it a bit with my finger.

Legoshi: Well it seems that it'll go well.

Y/N: You think?

Legoshi: Yeah, we've had no delay in the art department, and even though Louis says we're not ready for the play, I think we'll be ready for the festival.

Y/N: Yeah, I think the same.

He's being optimistic about it, but for now I don't really see anything that could delay us.  Of course that this isn't my biggest concern for now but I rather think about this right now.

Y/N: Everyone's excited about this festival more than I imagined they'd be.

Legoshi: Yeah, it's a nice festival, though I think they're exited about it because practically at the end of it, it'll almost be when the summer holidays begin.

Y/N: Oh! True, I'd forgotten about that.

My ears lift as I hear him chuckle, so I turn to see him confused.

Legoshi: Forget about summer vacation?  How is that possible?

Y/N: Oh come on, you know I'm not good with dates!

I playfully punch him in the shoulder as a sign of a game between friends.  But he seems kind of shocked when I do that to him, looking at me confused.

Y/N: ... Sorry.

Legoshi: N-no it- .. it's okay heh.

He smirks and looks down at his hand. Staring at it for a few seconds and then he looks at me.  I wonder what he's thinking until I see him bring his closed hand into a fist and then he lightly punches me on my shoulder, leaving his fist pressed to it for a few seconds, not knowing what to do with it now.

Legoshi: Uh.. yeah-sorry..

I giggle at how nice that was and I pat his fist.

Y/N: Heh, We'll work on that later.

Legoshi lowers his hand and looks away with a smile.  I'm so lost in his smile that I don't notice my tail's wagging again.

Although I already want the school year to end.  I don't feel so excited knowing vacations are coming.  What am I supposed to do then?

Legoshi: Coming back to the topic, the guys are also enthusiastic about this event thanks to Juno's encouragement.

Oooh... My tail stopped.  Why does he has to mention that now?

Y/N: Yes, she's good at inspiring people..

Legoshi: She is.

It makes me uncomfortable to talk about Juno now. I just know that I'll have to be alone to think about what I'll say to her when we finally talk.