CHAPTER 73: THE LION'S DEN

Legoshi runs towards the lions first, I follow him while the panda stays behind us.

I show my fangs and show my claws, hoping not to use them.  We just have to enter that building and rescue Haru.

Two lions come running first to attack us.  When one approaches,Legoshi punches him in the face, I don't have any more time to watch the fight, as the other lion approaches me.

He runs towards me clenching his fist and ready to punch me, but like the panda said, I must let my instincts tell me what to do... I must tame the beast inside me.

I see his fist approach, and the rush of adrenaline comes to me. I get to duck at the last moment, dodging the blow and facing with the lion's stomach. 

Before the gangster can do anything else, I suddenly feel the urge to attack... to hurt taking hold of me, so I quickly approached the mobster's stomach pushing him, I tackled him hard and managed to make him go back. 

As I push him, I turn to see Legoshi who is still fighting the other lion with beating each other trying to escape. 

All of a sudden, I feel something, like a chill down my back, a cold one.  But before wondering what it is, I hear the crossbow again. 

Shortly after, the lion grunts of pain loudly and falls to the ground, he has a bamboo arrow stuck in his chest. 

I turn to look behind me to see that the panda is still aiming his crossbow and lowering it.

The panda suddenly runs ready to strike someone.  For a moment I thought he was going to hit me, but he passes me by and when I turn to see him, he's punching in the face another lion that was approaching me silently.

The mafia lion falls knocked out and the panda turns to see me in a hurry.

Gohin: How many times are you going to make me save your life?

Y/N: Sorry..

Suddenly I hear more hurried footsteps and I see another lion approaching quickly.  I feel my fur bristle and my tail lifts on alert, I change my posture to a threatening one without knowing it, waiting for the mobster to get a little closer.

Gohin: Hey you should take care of that wou-..

I run towards the lion with a speed that I didn't think I could ever do.

Gohin: HEY!

The lion running seems to stop for a second when he sees me running towards him, as if he was fearing me, but before he can do anything else, I had already jumped on him, leaving him on the ground with me on top of him, growling at him and showing my fangs in his face.

Lion: NO, wait- STOP!

All my instincts ask me to bite his face or neck.. The panda told us to bite them, in order to save Haru.  I have to.. I bring my snout towards the mobster's face, I can even feel that I salivate from being growling at him for so long.

I'm about to bite him when out of the corner of my eye I see Legoshi running, I look up to see he's approaching the building. 

That makes me snap out again, I look down to see the lion scared like a kitten begging for his life. I must save Haru, and help Legoshi...

I do my best to avoid killing someone and just run towards Legoshi, leaving the lion on the ground.

I run without knowing the lion I left on the ground was getting up again, but the panda took care of him with a couple of blows, leaving him back on the ground.

I run and see the giant building with lanterns on the sides that say "Shishi", I'd say it's a nice decoration if they weren't serial killers we're going to face.

I catch up with Legoshi who has just slammed the doors open, announcing loud and clear we have arrived.  Having in front of us three other lions who look at us alerted.

Lion: Who the hell are you?!

Legoshi and I quickly turned to see each other and nod, letting us know that we have to keep going.  So we run one more time. 

I can see Legoshi manages to dodge one of the mobster's attacks while running and soon I see another lion coming towards me. 

Since the lion's attack from afar was very obvious as he opened his two arms to catch me, I could duck and turn leaving him behind. 

I keep running but then I heard something fall to the ground... or more like someone,  I turned to see Legoshi who's lions managed to throw him to the ground and while he got up, a lion was pointing a gun at him.

My instincts wake up in a rush again, and before I can even think about it I had already jumped on the other lion, this time biting his forearm which was holding the weapon, dropping it to the ground. 

The mobster yells of pain while I try to throw him to the ground like the other one, but he manages to keep his balance so as not to fall. 

I feel the warm blood on my tongue again, and the so metallic taste. He already dropped the gun and I'm not managing to knock him down.

So I stop biting him and go back to the ground, I clench my fist as hard as I can and punch him in the face.  The lion grunts of pain and so do I, I hold my wrist again and turn to look him. I didn't knocked him out, he didn't even fall to the ground. 

The pissed off mobster turns to see me and stands up in an intimidating way, looking so big and strong for me, his shadow covering me whole, while I stare at him knowing that I screwed up.

Y/N: Oh shit..

I see the lion's giant claws approaching me with great speed, so I jump back to avoid being beheaded. 

I feel the lion's claws brush my fur on my cheek and I even hear my fur being cut as if those claws were scissors. 

I managed to dodge them but everything moved so fast that I couldn't get my balance when I dodged it and I fell to the ground on my back.

I see the lion running towards me enraged.  I squint and try to protect myself by covering my face with my arms, but again the sound of the crossbow sounds.

Both the lion and I turn to look and we see one of the lions fall dead to the ground with the classic bamboo stick stuck between his eyes. 

The worried mobsters run towards their friend, so Legoshi and I run towards the stairs in front of us. Meanwhile the panda stayed downstairs with the gangsters to smash their faces.  He's really heblpful indeed. We both hurried up the stairs while we pant.

Y/N: I feel like in a spy movie.

Legoshi: What do you mean?

Y/N: Yeah, like in an action movie.

My conversation to try to lighten things up is interrupted when we see another lion up the stairs.  But Legoshi easily tackles him and knocks him to the ground. 

We keep running up the stairs.  That lion said Haru was on the fifth floor, we must be approaching.  As we go up to the next floor, I get to hear a distant conversation. So I turn see to Legoshi.

Y/N: There are more lions up there.

Legoshi: Can you hear Haru too?

Y/N: Not yet .... Do you smell her blood?

Legoshi: .. Not yet.