CHAPTER 63: SHISHI-GUMI

Y/N: I assure you sir, this shoe's from my friend Haru.  She wouldn't disappear like that.

After looking for a while, I had no choice but to look for the festival staff, the one who makes sure that all the schoolmates are doing their job. 

It's the closest thing to a police officer right now, I couldn't call the police since I left my phone in my room... how stupid I am, if I only knew what was going to happen-..

Staff: How can you be sure this is her shoe?

This zebra's just asking me more and more questions instead of helping me, I don't have time to explain all this so I'll tell him the simplest so he doesn't ask me any more questions.

Y/N: This shoe has her scent, okay?  I'm a wolf I recognize people for their smell and I KNOW this is HER shoe. 

He looks at me thoughtfully and takes her shoe to analyze it, before he asks me more questions I give him more evidence so he helps me.

Y/N: I also found this after hearing her scream.

I take the black card that was inside Haru's shoe from my pants pocket, I take a look at it and I reach out my hand to show it to him.

Y/N: I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's not good.

The staff takes the card and watches it carefully. I feel despair, like this is taking too long.

Y/N: Please, we must alert the police to this.  There's no time to lose!

The zebra seems to flinch when looking at the card and frowns.

Staff: Shishi-Gumi?

Y/N: What?

He looks up at me, I can see how quickly his indifferent face changed to a worried one.

Staff: If Shishi-Gumi were involved in this, I'm not sure the police will help us.

What?  Why wouldn't they help us with something like this?  What's happening?  My ear twitches as I feel more stressed.

Y/N: What are you talking about?  What's Shishi-Gumi?

Staff: No more questions.

No more questions?!  Are you kidding?!  I clench my fists and feel my breathing accelerating as I grind my teeth with my mouth closed. 

Haru's kidnapped and he doesn't want me to ask?! That's stupid!

Y/N: Excuse me, but my friend is missing because of some... Shishi... whatever!  I can't just let you-..

??: Shishi-Gumi?

I lift my ears and observe a certain lion wearing an expensive suit... inside a field?  Must be an important person.

??: I'm sure I used my image as a lion to destroy them socially last year.

Staff: Mister Mayor!

Yup, it's the mayor.  He HAS to help me.

Y/N: Mister Mayor!  My friend, she.. we have to save her!

Mayor: Don't worry miss, you can leave this to me.

Y/N: W-what are you going to do?

He looks at me with a calm gaze as the staff hands him the Shishi-Guni card.

Mayor: I'm going to conduct a secret investigation on them and recover your friend.

Y/N: O..ok.

Why does it have to be secret?

Mayor: In the meantime, I need you not to tell anyone about this case.  Otherwise you could put yourself in danger.

This is strange, shouldn't I tell people to help us search for her?  I mean, I guess what he says makes sense too.  Those are kidnappers and are dangerous, we're only students. What could we do to help?

Y/N: A.. Alright then.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid but there's something off here.  Something suspicious.

Mayor: Now, it would be better if you go back to work at the festival, there is no need to worry.

Y/N: Yes of course.  Thank you, mayor.

The mayor gives me a kind smile and walks inside a small room covered by a white tent in front of me.

Staff: She will be fine, she's in good hands.

I smile faintly at the staff before he kept on his way.  I stand there in front of the tent, thinking.

I admit I've got trust issues, especially after all I've been through.  I know the staff said Haru'd be fine, and that lion is a mayor so he has the power to help us... But still, there's something in that lion that doesn't feel right.

I know his reason for not telling anyone about Haru makes sense, but... I don't know whether to trust him... Crap, I'm a distrustful person.

Maybe I should just peek in to see if that mayor does something about it, just ... just to make sure someone helps Haru out, that'll be enough.

I slowly approach the tent and pull it back a bit so I can poke my eye out and see what that lion does. 

What I can see is the mayor coming out the other side of the tent. Where are you going? I'm going to have to go see him more closely. 

I surround the tent, and see a tree in front of it, so I hide behind it to spy on the mayor closer. 

I feel like I'm wasting time, am I going crazy?  No, I'm worried about my friend.  I stare at the mayor.  He's showing his back to me.

I see the card in his hand, he lifts it up to look at it.  He mentioned the Shishi-Gumi, it seems he has dealt with them before.

He stares at it for a few seconds. Is he going to call someone?  Will he do something?... He IS going to help Haru, right?

RRRIP

My tail and my ears lift when I hear the sound of something ripping out, being more exact... the card. 

I see he keeps the rest of the cards in one of his front pockets of his suit and then walks away.  He didn't make any call, he didn't told anyone about Haru... He did NOTHING. 

The fur on my tail bristles. I clench my fists and huff, my eyes squint when I feel great fury towards the mayor for doing nothing, my ear twists as I also feel frustrated as no one wants to save Haru.  SHE IS KIDNAPPED, SHE CAN'T WAIT!!

What could I expect from a mayor who only cares about his image, he cares more about his fangless false teeth than saving an innocent girl from a bunch of idiots!

I stomp on the grass to let out some of my anger.  Fine, if no one else is going to help her, then I, determined, will make the decision to take the initiative.

I will go save Haru.  But I can't do it alone. Wether I like it or not... I'll need some help.