CHAPTER 91: THE LAST DAY

The doors of the subway close, and it begins to move forward, taking us to our destination.

Since the subway was full, we have to wait standing up. I really should ask permission to be allowed to take a seat since I have crutches, but I don't want to talk to people and no one seemed to offer so I prefer not to ask.

Legoshi grabbed onto the top tube, and I have no choice but to hold onto the crutches tightly so as not to lose my balance, since with my injury it is difficult for me to stretch on my toes and grab the tube as I usually do.

Maybe Legoshi would have said something about it, but he seems thoughtful. He still seems to be thinking about what he wanted to tell me.

Our entire walk to get here was in silence. I don't know if we both thought what to say before we spoke or something. But I finally broke the ice.

Y/N: So..

Or something like that.

Legoshi looks at me, opening his muzzle slowly, thinking about what he wanted to say to me. I could have started telling him what I wanted to say. But first, I want to know what he'll say.

Legoshi: Look.. Y/N.

I hold on to the crutches tightly when I see he is about to ask me his question.

What is he going to ask me? I don't think he's going to confess to me, right? Could it be something about the festival? Maybe he wants to make sure I'm okay? Or maybe he wants to thank me for helping him save Haru? Maybe he wants to apologize or- SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO HIM Y/N!

Legoshi: The reason I supported you this morning in going back to school and not to the hospital, was not because I thought you were well enough.

Y/N: Huh?

He looks at me with a gentle and deep gaze. Making the palms of my hands sweat but not because he intimidates me.

Legoshi: When Haru mentioned taking you to the hospital, and you gave your excuses to go to school.. I could smell in you how your fear and worry arose..

Y/N: Oh..

Legoshi: Not only that but... I could see it in your eyes. You were terrified that we would take you there.

Y/N: Y-Yeah well... It's just t-that I... uh..

Dammit! I forgot Legoshi was observant and with an excellent nose!

Legoshi: I wanted to support you, because I know something is wrong.

He inhales, processing what he will say now. While my tail hides between my legs, knowing what he's going to ask.

Legoshi: I know maybe it's none of my business, but if you want, you can tell me what happened. I can promise you I won't judge you and whatever it is, I will support you with this. Ok?

He rests his hand on my shoulder. Which in several situations I would have liked it, this time it startled me a little.

I know he doesn't want to question me, but .. This would be the first time I have told someone about my life, something that would not be a lie .. But .. do I really want to go through this?

I could easily tell a lie or avoid the conversation.. He says it's only if I want to, right?..

At this moment.. one more memory comes to me.. one about those days.. one that... caused me to live one lie after another..

.......

Y/N: Where did you get that?..

Dad: *Hic* I won it on a bet on that stupid Caracal.