CHAPTER 93: CARRY ON

There is a song on the top of the page, play it now for a better experience: ;)

We started playing the song behind the stage curtain.  I feel the smooth wooden violin in my hands, as I slide the bow on it.  I read the scores automatically, while behind the curtain I see Juno dancing to the music.

In my mind there is a show of dim colorful lights every time a musical note sounds.

As I play, I remember everything I avoided remembering for a while..

I remember where I came from, the fear and loneliness I felt when I ran away from home.  I walked out of there with only one goal on my mind.  Carry on.

I wandered from one city to another, looking for a new life, a place to fit in.  And I came to this city, to this school, with that same hope.

I didn't fit in the way I expected from the beginning... Things got tough, and in part, that was my fault.

But despite everything, I made friends.

Juno, who I now see dance gracefully through the curtain, unleashing her beauty behind the spotlight.  She was my roommate.  We enjoyed each other's company when we had free time, I've never met someone so determined to improve the world and, somewhat stubborn to get what she wants..

Jack, the most innocent friend I have ever known, and the most loyal to his friends.  Loving, funny, and no matter how bad things get, he would never abandon his friends.  I would have liked to know you better.

Haru, who despite going through terrible things is still smiling.  She's the one who supported me when I had a bad day because of those rumors, she was able to understand me since she was going through the same thing.  She saved my life when I was hurt and I would save her again if something happened to her.

And Legoshi... for a while I made the mistake of doubting your intentions.  You ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me.  A friend who supported me and we spent unimaginable moments together.  We walked through hell itself and watched our backs.  And despite the problems, you became my best friend, and my first love..

But now... it all ends.  I'll lose everything again. Although this school may have been far from perfect, it became the closest thing I've ever had to home thanks to the friends I've made.

Once again I must flee.  Leave the city and all my friends behind.  And once again, I have to do what I did for a long time..

Carry on.

But this time... I don't want to do it.  I don't want to lose what I have. I want to be able to have a choice.

I feel tears fall on my face as I keep playing the song.

If I could only go back to when all wasn't lost, be able to correct my mistakes, and enjoy everything once more.. I wish I could start with Legoshi again.

I want to go back to the night we met.

We finish the song and I hear applause.  I immediately wipe away my tears as I watch the actors bow before the audience.

I put my violin back in its case while Juno picks up a microphone to speak.

Juno: Thank you all so much! It's a pleasure that everyone is here!

I grab my crutches to go, but I see Els running directly towards me smiling.

Els: Y/N! Come on, follow me.

Y/N: Uh what?

Els grabs my arm and starts walking, looking at me with a smile but not saying much.