CHAPTER 42: CONCERN

Darkness.  It's the only thing I see, a pitch black around me.  The only thing I can see is myself, and the white floor that surrounds me in a small space.  It's as if I was under a spotlight and there's nothing else.

I look around, trying to locate myself.  I see nothing.  There's only silence and darkness.

But then, I feel a drop fall on my head and drain down.  It's a warm drop, I bring my hand to my face to remove that drop from me and turn it to see it, that drop wasn't water, but blood.

I shudder and step back, when then I see another drop of blood fall on my hand, and another... And another.

Every time more and more drops of blood fall on me. I look down and see the ground creating pools of blood each time bigger, wetting my feet.

I must get out of here!  I try to run away, but a glass wall stops my pace.  I put my hands on the glass trying to push it or break it, but nothing.  I look to the sides to see that the glass wall is surrounding me.

The fallen blood starts to flood the space slowly, ceasing to be puddles.  It goes up to my calves and goes on. 

I look where the blood falls to see that it falls from a small hole, where above it there's another glass where the blood is falling from. I'm in a kind of hourglass, but instead of sand it's blood.  A bloody clock.

The blood rises faster and faster, reaching my waist, I feel overwhelmed and I try to get out.  I punch and kick the glass hard but it doesn't even leave a scratch on it.  I scream for help, but my screams are stifled, I can't even hear them.

It rises to my chest, I can't even swim, it just paralyzes me more and more.  I try to do something, I try to even climb to the top, but it's all in vain.

The blood rises to my face and begins to completely cover me, making me unable to breathe. Causing me to drown... In a shower of blood.  I can't get out... I can't move! 

I CAN'T GET OUT!!

A loud noise breaks the silence, causing me to open my eyes.  I'm in my room and such noise is nothing less than the alarm clock for us to get ready for classes.

It was just a dream... No.. more like a nightmare.  My breathing is shaky and my heart is pounding.  I'm sweating quite a bit.. That nightmare felt so real.  I hold my face with my hands trying to calm myself down. I hear a yawn next to my bed.

Juno: ..Good morning Y/N..

She sounds tired, but I think her tiredness doesn't compare to mine. I'm exhausted, it was a long night.

Juno: Come on, we have to get ready for school.

I don't want toooo... I'm tired... Even so, I take all my strength to sit on my bed.  I'm sleepy... I stare at the nothing for a few seconds while trying to wake up well.

I rub my eyes as they're still half-closed, but it's until I use my senses that I hear Juno sigh, and I turn to look at her.  She's on her back putting on her uniform, but I see her ears and tail drooping.  She seems discouraged.

Y/N: ..Are you alright?

She turns to see me, her eyes showing sadness and tiredness.  It seems we both had a bad night.  Either way, I'd rather help her feel better than think about my problems.  It's still too early for that.

Juno: Well... truth is... it's just that with what happened in the news a few days ago, people've been somewhat... stupid with me.

Y/N: That sucks..

Juno: It's also that, in the drama club, for the meteorite festival dance, they decided to give me the role of the carnivorous dinosaur... they didn't even ask for my opinion and... Again, it seems that they fear me and judge me.

I hate when people do that.. What's so difficult that we all just get along?  No matter the prejudices and the species..

Y/N: I'm sorry to hear that..

Juno: If I want to be a Beastar, I must get people to listen to me. It's easier for a herbivore to become one than a carnivore.  How could I even get to make friends to influence them in the first place if they don't even let me get close if something bad happens?

She's got a good argument.  It's hard for everyone to admire you to influence them, especially in this situation.  There are  carnivores that become popular but that is through being louts... like Bill. 

If she wants to be a Beastar, she'll have to find a way to be popular and influence people like Louis does.

Y/N: Well... If you want to start making friends... You could... Wait, you already know Legoshi right?

Juno: Uh yeah, I've known him for a while, he's going to the arts club, right?

Y/N: Yeah, look, he's a gray wolf like you, maybe if you get along better with him.. You could start making more friends when people see that you're friendly.  Besides... I know him, and he understands these kinds of situations so you can be sure that he won't judge you.

If what I heard in the restaurant was right, Legoshi knows her too, and it wouldn't be bad if they become friends.  Since all of us want discrimination to stop.

Juno: Hmm.. that makes sense.  What a good idea!  Thanks Y/N.

Y/N: Uh, it's nothing.

She smiles and stands up, already dressed.  She goes and grabs her backpack ready for class.

Juno: I think you should get dressed, you'll be late for class.

Until now I remember that I'm still in my pajamas and I'm also disheveled, and I didn't even prepare my backpack.  Oh crap.  My ear twitches when I see everything I must do in a matter of minutes.

Juno giggles at my stress.  She's lucky that she doesn't have to comb like I do, a gray wolf has shorter fur, meanwhile an arctic wolf like me is fluffier so my fur gets tangled more easily.

Y/N: U-Uh you go ahead, I don't want you to be delayed because of me.

Juno seems to think about it, but nods.

Juno: Good luck and hurry up.

As soon as she leaves.  I jump out of bed to take action.  Of course I get up very fast so I get dizzy and fall, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER! 

I put all my notebooks in my backpack, I hang the violin case on me, I bite the comb for my hair to comb on the way and I'm ready to go-... I FORGOT TO CHANGE MY CLOTHES!!

I go back inside and start to get dressed.  While doing it as fast as I can, I remember Legoshi.  Now that I mentioned him to Juno, I remember that I don't even know if he came back, or the other boys. 

After I got lost in the rain, that also I'm surprised I didn't catch any cold, I kept wandering around until I found a truck station.  But I didn't go back with them, I have no idea if they came before or after me, I don't know anything about them.

I don't even know if he asks the same about me........ Uh-.. I-I MEAN.. I hope he's ok!  I finish dressing up and I finally leave. 

I don't know why but the thought that Legoshi could have worried about me, as I'm worried about him made me blush a bit.. Why? 

Who knows?..