CHAPTER 25: TENSION

I yawn with fatigue, it's night and I still have to go to the rehearsal room to fix the issues that were presented to us.

I walk into the rehearsal room, where the boys are arguing over who will replace Bill.  I'm tired, even if I'm a nocturnal animal, having a daytime schedule changes my habit.  As the boys argue, Legoshi notices my presence.

I wave as I approach him.  He doesn't seem to be bothered by my presence anymore.  It hasn't bothered me either since I've stopped suspecting him.

Legoshi: What took you so long?

Y/N: I had a matter to attend to.

I smile at him faintly.  I prefer not to tell him about the discussion with Louis.  Just remembering it upsets me.

Y/N: Anyway, what did I miss?

Legoshi stares at me, as if he senses my tiredness or anxiety.  But that doesn't go through my head, since I'm thinking about Louis.

Legoshi: Well ... We're seeing who'll play Bill's role, since we're short on actors.

I listen with him, to what conclusion they arrive.

Bill: The dance team and actor's team are already working at full capacity.

Sanu: Hmm.. Who has similar stature as you and is available?

They both seem to have an epiphany, and turn to see Legoshi. Before I can see him too, Legoshi hides behind a slate startled.  Hoping they won't see him.  As if they weren't going to choose him that way.  I can't help but snicker.

Sanu: Legoshi!

He squirmed when they mentioned his name.  He doesn't really want to act, he looks out to see his colleagues with a disgusted face.  As we had talked a few hours ago.  I know Legoshi has never wanted to act.  I feel sorry for him.

Y/N: Hey, it's alright.  You don't have to say so much and ... well, I can help you memorize the dialogues.

Legoshi smiles weakly at me.  It's a sign that he feels support from me which is good, even if he's not convinced that he wants to act.

Sanu: Hey, that reminds me, Bill.  Don't you need help either?

I hope not, I help Legoshi because I like him, not because I'm a drama teacher. Bill looks at Sanu and chortles.

Bill: Hahaha Oh come on Sanu.  Can't remember what Louis said?

Oh no, I have a feeling he's going to show off again. As I predicted, Bill puts on the Adler mask Louis used to play and mounts a scene, quoting Louis's words, while waving a Shinai, mounting a scene where he shows self-confidence. 

He describes every word Louis said, or at least that I remember, I must admit that he has a good memory.

While Bill brags to Sanu about his good memory. I accompany Legoshi who's picking up another shinai since they'll rehearse the choreography for a few moments.  Wow, this night is getting longer.

Bill: Although, the fact that Y/N helps me to learn some dialogues ... sounds very promising.  I'm afraid it's not necessary.

Bill comes up behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder, I try to move to get that hand off me. Legoshi looks askance at the situation.

Bill: Of course that... you don't need an excuse for us to get together someday.  Right Y/N?

I give Bill a dirty look as a warning. Since the first time I met him, all he has done is push me and touch me as soon as he gets the chance. Bill raises his hands and steps back with an annoyed smile.

Bill: Oh, what with that face?  You should try to change your seductive look haha.

Doesn't this tiger get the hints?  Or he just doesn't care?

Y/N: Bill .. stop.

Bill: Nah, I want to see where this leads.

He reaches out to grab my hip again, but before I can even defend myself, Legoshi puts his arm between Bill and me, blocking him from touching me.

Legoshi: Enough Bill.

Legoshi looks annoyed, he gives Bill a warning look too. His gaze, compared to mine, manages to intimidate Bill for some reason.

Bill: Uh-. Hey calm down.  Stop taking everything so seriously.

Before they can say anything, Sanu breaks the tension between us.

Sanu: Okay guys, calm down and let's do the rehearsal.

Legoshi and Bill look at each other with tension and Bill laughs mockingly.

Bill: Come on Legoshi, this will be useful to you.

.....

Legoshi and Bill took the stage, Bill says some things to Legoshi, but I don't really pay much attention to him.  I see them with my arms crossed, next to the others, thinking about what a jerk Bill can be, and feeling some confusion at Legoshi's supporting me.

My thoughts are interrupted the moment Bill rehearses the fight with Legoshi in a hostile way.  Me, along with the rest, seem surprised.  If Legoshi didn't have such good reflexes, he would've been hurt already.

It's until later when Legoshi puts strength to defend himself and avoid the blows.  But Bill seems to be playing dirty, taking Legoshi's arm without being able to use the shinai, so he shows his fangs in anger. Bill chuckles.

Bill: Yep, you're definetly a gray wolf. You wouldn't be able to fight like this with a red deer!

Bill narrowly punches Legoshi in the face, causing me to close my eyes and look away.  But Legoshi managed to block the attack.

Legoshi: Enjoying this?

Bill: Of course I am! I can go show all my acting training on stage! It's what i WORKED FOR!

This is obviously real, Bill is venting his tension and anger towards Legoshi. I hear some of the classmates speak.

Sanu: They're just rehearsing right?

Aoba: And venting a little.

Oh DON'T YOU SAY.
The fight continues, the tension and the anguish don't disappear.  From what I managed to hear, Bill does this because he's finally fighting with a carnivore.  As if he couldn't give his potential to a herbivore.  Why would he think that way?

Legoshi's anger is clearly seen, I don't blame him.  The fight ends as soon as it started, and Bill looks calm again.  As if he'd never caused such tension to us.

I don't know what's wrong with that tiger.  But I don't trust him.  I don't like him at all.