CHAPTER 88: ALIVE AND KICKING

The city road that takes us back to school is lit by sunlight. The sun is warm but I don't feel hot thanks to the morning wind blowing through my fur.

After that hectic and dark night, this moment feels like an immense calm for me. So much that the silence in which we walk doesn't bother me, at other times I would feel uncomfortable, but now... it is comforting.

I see my friends, Legoshi's between Haru and me, and although his face is pointing forward, I can see in his gaze sometimes that he turns to see us. He makes sure we're both okay.

Legoshi.. even with his injuries he pays more attention to the people around him. I can't get away from that feeling I have for him... and now that I know I'm not about to die... that I have another chance... I have to tell him how I feel... but when?

Legoshi notices that I've been looking at him for a while so he turns to see me. I blush in surprise and look away quickly.

Damn, it's uncomfortable that they notice you've been watching them while thinking about how to declare your love to someone who is in love with someone else... ouch.

We keep walking and it seems that he didn't notice that I looked away embarrassed since he keeps walking as if nothing happened. Maybe everything is just happening in my head.

I don't know how long we've been walking, but I can feel my injured leg getting tired and shivering a bit. I can't help but sigh a little from the discomfort.

The least I want now is to delay my friends or worry them.. but I shouldn't hide it either, or it could be that the miracle that I'm still alive could end in less time than expected.. How much time until we arrive?

Suddenly I feel Legoshi's hand gently grabbing my arm. I ignore my thoughts to see him, I see in his eyes that he wants me to lean on him. Apparently he could see I'm having a hard time walking.

I lowered my ears a bit sad and turned to see him. Legoshi, however, smiles at me kindly, with a sympathetic look. Instead of seeing me with pity or annoyance that I'm delaying them. I smile back at him and lean on him.

Y/N: Heh, thanks.

Legoshi: Think of it as a counter to that time you helped me in Adler's play heh.

I snort a little at such a memory that now seems far away.

Y/N: You could say that now we are even, eh?

Legoshi chuckles.

Legoshi: It looks like we are.

The three of us keep walking. I turn to see Haru who's smiling and determined to go back to school.

I wonder if they talked about something in that motel.. And.. if they did.. doesn't it bother her that I'm like this with Legoshi?

W-What I'm talking about? H- .. He's just helping me, there's nothing romantic about this is there? HAHA................ I'm blushing again I'm I not?.... Shit.

...

We finally reached the entrance to our school. The three of us standing, looking like shit, at the giant school sign that says "Cherryton Academy" right in front of us.

Y/N: Never in my life did I believe I would be so happy to enter a school.

Haru giggles as the three of us enter at the same time.

I still remember the first time I passed by here, I remember how the sign protected me from the sun for a few seconds before it blinded me again after looking up.

I wasn't in the best condition when I arrived, but not as bad as I'm now. Still, having my friends here makes me feel so much better compared to the first time I walked in, when I had no one.

However.. today is the last day.. the meteor festival is in a few hours.. and after that.. everyone will be leaving school for a few months.. including myself..

Where will I go? .. Will I even go back to school? .. After all.. I don't think I have enough money to pay for a re-enrollment next school year...

Now that I see what I have... will I lose it?

Suddenly I hear voices from my schoolmates at a close distance, causing me to return to the present.

I see we are all slowly approaching the group of the theater club, who are in the front garden talking altered.

Dom: Whoa whoa! Today is the meteor festival! What are we supposed to do ?!

Juno: Relax, they'll surely come back.

We can hear them clearly, but we walk closer in silence from exhaustion.

Els: There was a broadcast at school that a dwarf rabbit had disappeared.

Kibi: They seem to think that Y/N ate the rabbit and ran away.

Ah fuck, again?

Juno: Of course not, she told me they kidnapped her so she went looking for her with Legoshi.

My ears perch seeing that Juno .. defended me? I think? Apparently the three of us are intrigued by what they are saying that nobody says anything.

Bill: ... I bet they fucked.

Ah fuck- AGAIN?!

Juno: NO THEY DID NOT!

Juno surprised at her fit of anger pauses for a few seconds and clears her throat.

Juno: No, since she asked for my help to find her too.

Bill: Well, they sure wanted an orgy.

BILL WHAT THE FUCK?!

I turn to see my friends who look tired of living listening to Bill.

Apparently we are not the only ones as everyone looks at Bill in disgust in silence.

Dom rubs his temples in frustration.

Dom: Without Louis to lead us, this will be a disaster...

Haru: Louis?

It is then when Haru speaks that everyone turns to see us in surprise and falls silent.

Legoshi raises his hands calmly.

Legoshi: Sorry if we worry you, but we are alive and kicking now.

Everyone is still silent, but Juno's surprised face turns into a cheerful one.

Juno: Legoshi?

We are all standing in silence, the theater group that spreads rumors seeing the three of us beaten up and standing like nothing, making us the center of attention.. Could this get even more awkward?

Bill: Did you guys fuck?