CHAPTER 66: THE PAIN I CAUSED

Of so many places that our search for Haru could take us, we had to get here.

Y/N: Are you sure it's here?

We walked around the city for a few hours, Legoshi followed Haru's trail which was left the moment they took her, I would've liked to help, but my stupid nose does never work as it should.

Legoshi: I'm afraid this is the end of her scent.

That's explainable, everything in here, makes Haru's smell easy to go unnoticed among all these overwhelming and putrid smells.

Legoshi: Besides, if Haru was kidnapped by a group and... taking her away, it's logical these people work here.

I can hear the anguish in his voice when knowing she's here, I can't blame him, I'm also concerned, especially because what he said makes sense. 

If they weren't from here, why would they kidnap her and not... devour her at that moment? And why would they leave that card and why would the police be scared of them so much?  Thinking Haru may be in there... terrifies me.

I slightly nod nervously as I look at this terrible place, which I hoped never to see again in my life.  The black market.

Y/N: True..

Legoshi: ... Did you bring your phone?

Shit, I didn't.

Legoshi: We need to collect as much information as possible, a phone could come in handy.

I squint at Lefoshi and lower my ears as I give a "yikes this is bad" expression.

Y/N: Nnnnnnnnnnno......

The ONE day I don't have my phone in hand, this had to happen.  I'm so stupid! I see him look at me worried and sighs.

Legoshi: Neither do I.

We both stare at the entrance of the market, without a phone, without clues, with no idea how to save her life.

Y/N: ... What should we do?

Legoshi: The only thing we have left is to look for those Shishi-Gumi. If we have to go in and ask everyone about it for that.. so be it.

Although he's insecure, he's determined, he enters the black market.  Which is my cue to follow him, I remember the reason why I'm here, and I get in.

Legoshi: E-Excuse me. Do you know anything about Shishi-Gumi?

People upon hearing that name, turn to see Legoshi uncomfortably.  Some even walk away from him.

However, Legoshi insists and keeps asking, really hoping to find someone, anyone to give him information. I follow him as I look around, it's not a nice view.

Legoshi: Excuse me, do you know about the Shishi-Gumi?

Seller: What the.. The Shishi -... Shi- I don't know anything, I didn't hear anything.  I have to go bye.

They're really scared to hear about them, as soon as Legoshi asks, all the people decide to avoid us and walk away. 

I assume it's a bad idea to ask about a criminal group that even the police doesn't dare to help. 

If black market sellers don't dare mention their name either, it means the Shishi-Gumi are worse than we imagined.

Y/N: Legoshi, I think we should stop asking.

Legoshi: Are you kidding  We must ask if we want to save Haru.

He keeps walking through the black market, going deeper to where there are more vendors and more meat around.