CHAPTER 37: JUST AN ADVICE

The rest of the day, I've been with Jack and Legoshi, supporting them since in this school the gossip changes from one person to another.

At least they're lucky that with them, instead of my situation, bullies bark but they don't bit-... They don't attack them, because Legoshi is bigger and stronger. So he has that going for him, people don't mess with him. Although.. they still talk bad about him.

Although most of the attention goes to Legoshi today, Jack has kept his head down, being a canine and friend of a gray wolf right now looks bad. I can see he's distressed. Legoshi noted it too, so he pats his head in support.

In these moments, Jack could easily get away from Legoshi to not be judged, until things calm down. But he doesn't.. Jack's a loyal friend, who never abandons Legoshi, doesn't matter how they treat him. I admire this good boy. Legoshi seems calmer about all this, more than Jack even.

As we walk in a hallway, on the way to another class many people watch us and whisper about Legoshi. They're all really stupid. However, Legoshi doesn't even look at them, he just walks, although hunched over as always, he just goes to where we should go. He doesn't even stop.

Y/N:.. Doesn't that bother you?

Although he keeps walking, he looks at me, his gaze shows that he knows what I'm talking about. Meanwhile Jack, who walks to the other side of Legoshi, looks at me with his head down, knowing the answer.

Legoshi: Actually.. We've gotten used to being the center of attention when something like this happens. I guess it stops being so bad later.

That's not an answer that I'd have liked to hear.

Legoshi: ..Although, it's not fair..

Me and Jack turn to see him, Jack looks surprised at such a comment, as if he had never said that before.

Y/N: Of course it isn't. You said yourself, nobody wants to pass through this because of these prejudices.

Jack: YEAH! I know, right?

He got excited that Legoshi agreed that these things aren't fair to anyone, it seems like it took him a while to think that way.

...

Later, we're back in the drama club, this time we're only the second year students, so Juno isn't here today. We're gathered, listening to Sanu's plans for the meteor festival.

I am sitting between Legoshi and Aoba a bald eagle, it seems that we carnivores will have to go to the city from what I understand.

Sanu: Alright, so those sophomores will lead to the city to discuss details of the festival tomorrow right after school.

Oh great! And.. Why do we have to go out to the city? Ellen raises her hand to ask a question.

Ellen: Why is it just the carnivores?

Sally also raises her hand and protests along with Ellen.

Sally: The herbivores want to go out there too!

Sanu: Have you not seen the news lately? The herbivores are going to work here inside for a while.

That's true, herbivores will also be limited in this situation. I still don't understand why we have to leave school to discuss about the festival, but I guess it's an excuse to go out of school and "enjoy the outside".

Sanu: Anyway that's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Ellen and Sally complain desperately.

Louis: You all know very well by now how unmanageable carnivores are when they lose their senses.

Oh, no, here we go again.

Bill: Not again... this is getting really old.

As Bill complains Legoshi just looks unconfortable. Louis takes every chance to remind them of what they did on that stage show, even though a month has already passed.

I've got a conflict with that deer. He seems to hate carnivores sometimes, he's very proud and it seems that he doesn't care if people kill themselves as long as it doesn't affect his reputation.

However, he manages to influence others so that there is peace between everyone in some way. He has defended me and it seems as if he knows what he's doing. He achieves things in a somewhat twisted way. That's why it's possible for him to become a Beastar. I don't understand him nor his way of thinking.

Louis: One more thing.

He approaches the door ready to leave.

Louis: Do not even think about going to the black market.

After that he opens the door and leaves.

Black.. Market?

Y/N: What is that?

Tao, a black panther, scratches the back of his neck thinking about what it could be, just like all of us.

Tao: I don't know, it sounds illegal.

Aoba: Well when something is called a black market it's easy to know it's illegal.

After that we all walked out of the club. As we've been doing lately, Legoshi and I walk together until we reach our apartments.

Y/N: What do you think is on that black market?

Legoshi: I'm not sure, illegal stuff but.. I don't know.

Y/N: Hmm.

As we walk, I think of the way Louis talked about it.

Y/N: Don't you think Louis told us not to go... in a way that he wants us to?

Legoshi: Uh .. What do you mean?

Y/N: I don't know, he brought it up out of nowhere, I feel like he said it in a very.. tempting way.. It's like when they tell you, "don't press the button" and after that, you just want to press it..

Legoshi: What are you talking about?

Ok I'm confusing him, I have to think of an easier way to say it.

Y/N: Well ... How do I say it?... It's like a hint, as if.. He had told us that in a way that we get curious to know what it is and that we go to see it.

Legoshi: Well, I don't know, he may be testing us, or just bothering us for what we did a month ago.

Y/N: Yeah, that too..

We remain silent and think as we walk, I admit that now I'm curious to know what it is. Although surely it's not a good thing.

Legoshi: I think, that if Louis said not to go, the best thing to do is listen to him.

Y/N: Yeah good point .. Especially right now.

For now, I must agree with Legoshi, first of all, people are getting eaten alive, whether we're carnivores or not, the best thing is not to go astray, much less in a place called "black market". Whatever that place is, the best thing to do is avoid bumping into it.

I don't know what would happen if we got there.