CHAPTER 15: WELCOME TO THE DRAMA CLUB

The stage is quiet.  Nobody is saying anything.  There's only silence.  Then I hear someone clapping.  It's Juno.

J: WOOHOO! This is how you do it!! 
GO Y/N !! GO!!

She claps enthusiastically.  I appreciate her support so much. I highly value our friendship. If this was a children's movie or a fairy tale, people would have started clapping along with her.  But it's not like that.  The judges begin to murmur and all among themselves.  It seems they're discussing whether to let me into the club or not. I stand there waiting for their answer. As I hear their whispers.

B: Is this a joke?  We must definetly let her pass!

K: Are you crazy Bill?  She is THE wolf!  Haven't you heard the rumors?

During the judges' discussion a flamingo claims to them.

F: Don't let her pass! She's a murderer!

I begin to feel anxiety.  It's like I've gotten into the lion's den- ... I have to stop saying those expressions.

J: Be careful on what you say!  She's not a killer!

Juno stands in the middle to defend me.  She must feel indebted to me for doing that.

F: HA! Do you think I'm going to believe someone of her same species?

The pelican seems to want to intervene.

S: Everyone calm down!  We must admit that she knows how to play.

After that, a zebra also claims to the judges.

E: Sanu, did you lose your mind?!

Juno intervenes again.

J: She's a kind person!  Maybe you should stop believing all the rumors you hear!

I feel great discomfort.  I feel like they're fighting over me. Everyone's arguing. I see a poodle who is waiting to make his audition peel on the stage.

P: Hey, can I come in now?

Y/N: Uh-..

I was about to say something until I hear a zebra yell..

Z: TEM WAS IN OUR CLUB !!

The whole place is silent after such a scream.

Z: Isn't it weird? Tem dies and then SHE comes to the same club he was in?!

Wait .. I-Is that true?!
I see Juno in confusion but she seems to be as confused as I am.  The arguments and the yelling grow louder and louder. Coming here was a mistake.  I step back ready to run away.

???: EVERYONE SHUT UP.

At such a scream everyone goes silent too.  We turn to the direction of where the scream came from and I see a silhouette of a deer since the reflector in which I am just lets me see the backlight.

S: Louis!  What do you think of all this?

So that's Luis huh?  Has he been hidden there watching everyone all this time? I see the silhouette walking towards me, being illuminated by the reflector, showing its appearance.  The deer is looking directly at me as he approaches me, he has an intense and calm stare at the same time.  Those big, round, sparkling eyes- uh ...... he's looking at me.  Making me feel nervous.

Louis stands in front of me, and after seeing me directly, he turns to see the audience and speaks.

L: ....She's inside.

Huh??  Wait, he's serious? Some people in the audience complain and argue confused, but others remain silent.  The deer speaks again in a higher tone of voice to show that he wasn't done speaking.

L: We need a violinist in the orchestra, she's the only candidate who auditioned and she has shown enough experience to pass.

A rhino raises her hand wanting to give her opinion.

M: But Louis, they say- ..

L: I'm NOT interested ... on what they say.  She hasn't shown any misbehavior towards us from what I've seen.  Therefore, rumors are not an excuse to kick her out of the club.

They all remain quiet.

L: Therefore, she's inside.  Is there someone who disagrees?

No one says anything, it seems that Louis is serious about wanting to be a Beastar. He nods and turns to see me.

L: ...Congratulations Y/N, you are an official member of the orchestra.

Wow ... did a ... herbivore just defended me?  Louis walks offstage making me only able to see his silhouette again.

Y/N: H-hey!

I call him to thank him, but he keeps walking and disappears behind the curtains.

Y/N: ... Thanks..

What an interesting guy.  I turn to see the audience one last time to them leave the stage.  I hear the judges name the next candidate as if nothing had happened.

P: Wow .. that was quite a scene wasn't it? 

I see that next to me is the poodle that has been waiting to audition all this time... Oops.

P: Well at last it's my turn. Wish me luck!

The poodle goes on stage and plays the bongos. Back to the topic.  Not everything can be lost if there are still people who believe in the union between animals of different species.. Right?  I hope everything will be all right.