CHAPTER 53: NOT NOW

Juno: Good to go guys! You did a great job!

Once today's rehearsal is over, Juno says goodbye to each of the clubmates once they go to the exit.  Supporting everyone and encouraging them.

Juno: You're improving in your dance moves Sheila!  I'm so impressed!

Sheila: Well.. thanks Juno.  You don't do it wrong either.

Everyone leaves the drama club smiling and calm.  Except Louis, who comes out with his usual serious face.

Juno: Well done Louis!  Keep holding the team together!  We're a great team thanks to you!

Louis: .. Thanks Juno, see you.

Even though I'm worried about the fact that he has a gun.  I could tell he's a little intimidated by Juno's leadership.

She's so charismatic, she's gaining everyone's affection without the need to spill a drop of sweat.. 

Louis leaves without looking back, I feel a bit more calmed knowing the weapon is away from me for now.  I still have to think about what to do about it. I gather my stuff and wait to be the last one to go, I'd rather talk to Juno as soon as everyone leaves.

As I wait, I look at Legoshi who's leaving , which means it's his turn to receive Juno's compliments.

Juno: Legoshi!  You did an amazing job here today!  I adore the way you strive with each event!

Legoshi: Oh, thanks Juno.

Juno: You know, I'd like you to help me rehearse more like you did last time. You're very helpful!

She's already trying to conquer him.  Is she doing it because I'm here?

Legoshi: Hm .. of course, when I can, I'll let you know.

Juno: Sure thing!

He leaves, Juno and I are finally alone, so it's now when I think it's time to go talk to her. I approach the exit and stand in front of her, while the only thing she does is see me.

Y/N: Hey Juno.

Juno: Hey Y/N..

She looks at me coldly and seriously, but I don't feel hatred or contempt from her.

Y/N: Hey, can we talk?

Juno: I'm sorry Y/N, but I'm busy at the moment, I have to clean up.

She walks to take the rag next to the exit door and then walks to a bucket at the other end of the room. She doesn't seem to want to say anything to me after that, but I can't delay this any longer.

Y/N: Well, I can help you if you want.  We really need to talk about what happened last night.

Juno: As much as I'd like to, I rather do this alone. Is that ok?

She keeps trying to avoid me, but I'm determined to reconcile with her. I approach Juno and hold the rag she's got in her hands. Making her look at me in the eye.

Y/N: Well, let's do this at once before you clean up then. That way we can clarify things once and for all.

Juno: I think you're not understanding, I don't want to talk now.  Not yet.

She unhooks her hands from mine and after staring at me annoyed, she dips the rag into the bucket of water a d slides the rag on the floor, starting to mop.

Y/N: Well if not now then when?  You cannot avoid this forever.

Juno: I just don't want to talk now!  Maybe later.  But I still need time to think,  just like you do..

As much as it bothers me that she's avoiding me like that.. I guess she's right about this.. I've been focused on talking to her all day, but I didn't even give myself time to think about what to say to her, or even think about what I did that caused her to behave this way..

I didn't think about what I said, or what I did after the fight... All this chaos I've been through these last days has made me focus more on my problems, making me neglect my friends.

She moves the rag from side to side, concentrating on what she's doing without turning to see me.  I sigh and lower my ears.

Y/N: Okay, I'll go..

She keeps mopping silent as I just walk towards the exit with my head down. But before I leave for sure, I must make sure that things won't be this way forever.

Y/N: Before I go.. Please think about this and.. when you feel ready to talk.. Please tell me..

She stands still and stops mopping. As she's looking at the mirrors, she's turning her back to me.  So I can't know for sure what expression she has on her face.

Still, I can get to see her ears lowering as her tail. I see her turn her head slightly toward me, even though she doesn't turn it enough for me to see her face.

Juno: ... I will.

With that said, I turn around and finally walk away, leaving her to mop alone.

I slowly walk away from the drama club, I can see most of people is already gone, they've gone to get their stuff to go outside and keep working on the festival.

Among the few people I still see walking away from the drama room.  I see Legoshi, who left shortly before me.

Between so many problems and so many emotions.  I guess I can at least hang out with him, at least before I get to my room.

For a single moment, I want to forget about everything bad, and enjoy the company of a... friend for a few minutes.

So as I normally do, I start walking quickly towards Legoshi to catch up with him. And see where this will take me.