CHAPTER 87: AWAKE AND ALIVE

I open my eyes to see a blurry patch of white, it takes me a short time to identify that blurry patch is actually the ceiling.

I'm awake, I'm alive, I'm conscious.  It's just a matter of concentrating so that my head adjusts after being asleep for so long so I can finally see well.

I focus on my breathing and even though I feel exhausted, I make enough effort to sit up little by little, and look around me.

Though everything is still a bit blurry, I can see I'm still in the hotel, mirrors on the walls, the single size bed, the only difference is that the lighting is different.  Showing that it has already dawned.  The daylight is enough to make me rub my eyes and try to wake up fully.  How long was I unconscious?

My thoughts are interrupted the moment I hear snoring, I stop rubbing my eyes, to see who the sound comes from.  In doing so, I can't help but smile and wag my tail in relief and excitement at finally seeing my friend again.

Y/L: Legoshi!!

I try to get closer to hug that gray wolf leaning his head on the edge of the bed, but when I get closer I immediately feel a twinge in my leg that makes me squirm back and grunt of pain.

Legoshi wakes up suddenly, rising from his position in surprise and turning to see me.

Legoshi: Y/N! I-..

He looks at me worried and excited at the same time, I can't help but notice he's also wagging his tail.

I hold the thigh of my leg where I feel the pain, although not so strong as before, hoping it'll fade, and try to say something that calms things down after all the scandal last night.

Y/N: Heh.. What a night yesterday huh?

Legoshi hesitates a bit and seems not to know what to say or do.

Legoshi: N-no, uh .. Be careful, don't make any sudden movement that could hurt you- well... more..

He tries to bring his arms closer to my wounds, trying to figure out what to do with them.  As if he were trying to heal them somehow.

Y/N: Heh, don't worry, I think it's fine now, it doesn't hurt as befor-!!..

I'm interrupted by feeling Legoshi's warm and gentle body suddenly hugging mine.  I can't help but gasp slightly in surprise.

Y/N: ..Legoshi?..

I feel his hug becoming tighter and warner, rather than strangling.  I can feel Legoshi's shaky breath pinking the fur on my back. I can't help but twitch my ear, although it hurts a bit to do so.

Legoshi's hug is strong and at the same time gentle, it seems as if he measured the right amount of force on the hug so as not to hurt me, I feel his big hands holding my back, they're so soft, as if he didn't have those claws he used to defeat the Shishi-gumi before.

I do nothing but feel his hug and enjoy it, that I don't realize that I've hugged him back, I didn't know how much I needed his affection at this moment. 

Is this the first hug we've ever given each other?  We've never been so close physically, have we? .. At least.. not this way.

At other times I would be blushing, my heart would be racing faster than ever and I would make this another of those uncomfortable moments.  But not today... I just close my eyes, I smile as I wag my tail, brushing it with the bed sheets, and I live for the moment.  Feeling this hug as if it were eternal, and hoping that it would.

Legoshi: Why didn't you tell us?

Y/N: What?..

Legoshi: Why did you hide that wound from us?