CHAPTER 43: LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE

I walk quickly to the classroom, after having been slow to prepare myself on the morning I'm getting late.

When I get in, I have to ask Legoshi if he's ok and what happened out there in the city.

...Why does this distress me so much?.. I've been thinking about him a lot these last days.  Maybe too much.. When I think of Legoshi I feel.. strange.. as if I had butterflies in my stom-...  it's weird.

What I do know is that I get anxious when I see him.  As if... I felt the need to see him.  Am I just getting obsessed with him?

Did I start to depend on my friend?  That would be logical.. He's the only male friend I have, besides Jack of course, but.. I guess I've spent more time with him. He doesn't think he's better than others and supports me when things go crazy... I HATE depending on people.

Finally I get in the classroom, I got there by miracle, if I'd stop for a second I wouldn't have arrived on time.  I go to my seat, along with Jack and Legoshi.  Very well, stay calm Y/N.  You'll have time to think about all this later.

Jack: Hey there Y/N!

Y/N: Hi guys.

Legoshi: Hey..

Jack looks happy to see me, just like Legoshi but he seems tired as always, it's time to know how he is.

Y/N: Um, hey Legoshi, how .. How are you?

He gazes at me, knowing what I mean about how he feels after yesterday.  He then smirks at me.

Legoshi: I'm fine thank you.

Fine?  Seriously?  I don't know what happened when he left but after what happened yesterday, I know it's not true. 

Jack and I looked into each other's eyes.  I can see from Jack's expression that he also knows that he's not ok.

I remember that he told me he does the same thing that I usually do, pretending that everything's fine when it's not.

As Legoshi takes out his notenooks, Jack and I stare at each other, both knowing what we must do, as if we could communicate telepathically.  We know we have to encourage him.  Jack peeks on Legoshi and back to me, and grins making me understand what he plans to do. We both nod.

I get up from my seat to catch up with Legoshi, getting behind his chair, while Jack stays in his.

Legoshi turns behind to see me and raises an eyebrow in confusion, looking at Jack who's peering and smirking at him.  It's now when we both do what must happen.  We pat his head.

He lifts his tail and ears in surprise but then lowers them and reflects some embarrassment.  I'd think he didn't like that, but then he simpers.

Legoshi: Thanks.

I've fulfilled my mission.

Jack: You're welcome bud.

I give a faint smile and go back to my seat, to get out my notebooks at once.  He may be feeling down, but at least he knows that he has us as support.

Legoshi: And how are you Y/N?

Y/N: Hm?.. What?

Legoshi: How are you feeling?

Y/N: O-Oh! Um..

Honestly, I don't want to worry him more with my problems, he isn't completely cheered up on his own.

Y/N: Fine! Fine, everything's fine. Thanks.

I smile and turn to see my books.... I just did what he was doing.. How can I want him to be honest with me if I'm not being honest either?..

Suddenly... I feel something ... Pats on my head.  I turn to see them, they're doing the same to me, which is why I simper at how ironic this is.  What makes me think that they'd believe me if they knew about these things?

Y/N: Ok then, thanks heh.

Legoshi: I guess we should find a time to chat about yesterday.

Y/N: Yeah..

I see Jack who seems calm, not confused, Legoshi probably already told him what happened.

Y/N: How about after school at the park?

Legoshi: Sounds good.

Since today's Friday, at last we'll be going out more often, we'll be preparing everything for the meteorite festival in that park, so we'll have some free time eventually to talk.

After that agreement, we pay attention to the classes.

...

The school bell rings again, it's lunch time.  So I pick up my notebooks and store them in my backpack. Meanwhile, I see Legoshi take his lunch out still in the classroom, he looks happy.

Jack: Are you eating egg again?  I thought you said they stopped tasting so good.

Legoshi: Well... yeah, the one on Wednesdays.  But now the appetizing ones are on Fridays.

Jack: That's weird.

Legoshi: Really.  Look, have a bite.

Jack: No no no, I believe you heh.

Wow, he looks very passionate about the egg, how curious.

Legoshi: Do you want to try Y/N?

He reaches his hand out to me, holding the egg sandwich.

Y/N: Uhh, no thanks.  I don't like eggs.

I hear a gasp, but it's not from Legoshi or Jack as I would imagine.  But from a chicken sitting together with Legoshi, I think her name is Legom?

We all turn to see that she's looking at me shocked to then grumble, pick up her things fast, and walk away annoyed... Was it something I said?

After that strange and uncomfortable moment, we all look at each-other confused.

Jack: Anyway.... Why don't you like eggs?

Y/N: Well I ... I don't want to ruin it for you guys.

Legoshi shrugs and goes back to eating, while Jack looks at me confused.  What can I say?  One time I saw a documentary about where the eggs come from and...well... EW!

Y/N: Yeah well see you later guys!

Finally I go out and go on with my normal day.  At least I know Legoshi's fine.  A bit discouraged, but fine.  I get that it'll be hard to hide my feelings towards friends like them. So this is perfect for not suppressing my emotions. 

I hope I don't have to pretend anymore.