CHAPTER 16: MEET THE GROUP

A few hours later, after the auditions, before leaving the room they gave me the scores that I'll have to use during the play.  I'm walking to the theater club room to practice.  The play is in a few days, so I have some catching up to do.

I still think of Louis, that deer behaves differently than many herbivores.  Besides to the fact that he defended me, he seems to have the courage to claim his authority. He makes seem as if being assertive was easy.  He seems to be an interesting person.  I still have to thank him for letting me in.

I haven't even had time to thank Juno for her support back there.  When the rehearsal's over, I'll thank her too.

I get to the rehearsal room.  Some are reciting their dialogues, while others practice the choreography.  I get a little closer and go to a small space, where the orchestras rehearse, although for now no one's playing.

As soon as people see me, they remain silent but a few seconds later they go back to their business.  I don't feel as uncomfortable as before.  They aren't whispering for now, it looks like they're focused on their work.  It doesn't bother me at all.  Better to be invisible than hated.  Anyway, I walk to a sheep from the orchestra club who's cleaning her clarinet. I want to know why we haven't started to play.

Y/N: Um ... Excuse me, what are we waiting for?

S: It's not what, it's who.  Louis is the main character of the play, we're waiting for him to arrive so we can start.

Y/N: Oh, ok then.

I leave my violin in one of the seats along with my music sheet and I approach to the actors to see them perform. As I watch them, I feel someone's presence behind.

?: What's up, little wolf?

I turn to see who's speaking to me.  I meet a young tiger who smiles at me.

?: You're that girl who plays the violin right?  You played a good song back there.

After a few seconds I recognize that he was one of the judges who saw me at the audition.

Y/N: Oh!  Um .. well thanks.

I smile gently at him after such a compliment.

?: I'm Bill, welcome to the drama club.

Bill stretches his hand for me to shake it.  There isn't a reason not to do it, so I stretch it too. 

Y/N: I'm.. Y/N.

We both shake hands. Bill seems to look at my hand as he does, he smiles and lets out a small laugh.

B: You have very small hands, you know that?

Y/N: Uh .. what?

Now that I think about it, I see my hand compared to his and ... I have small hands, at least, they're much smaller than those of a bengal tiger like him. Bill laughs after I see my hands and then he crosses his arms.

B: Anyway, you should be integrating with the people in the group.  I say this owing to your .... reputation here.

Y/N: My ... reputation?

Oh great, are we starting to bring it up already? Bill stares at me and grind.  It's as if he was studying me.  I try not to look him in the eye, it bothers me that they stare at me.  Then Bill pulls out a strange smile.

B: You know what?  I think I know the perfect person for you to start making friends.

Make friends? .. What?

Y/N: You... do?

B: Of course!

Bill grabs me roughly by the shoulders to make me turn around where I find a wall in the room.

B: He's up there, he's the stagehand of the play.

He points me up, where I see that there's a second floor, where people has to go up through tube ladders.  However, I can't see anyone, the stagehand isn't peeking out.

Bill puts his hand on my back and starts to push me making me walk with him towards the stairs.

B: He's a very interesting guy. Come I'll introduce you to him.

Although Bill is very impulsive and this is very sudden, I've got nothing to lose.  Also, I just got a chance to make friends, or at least ... try.  I look over at Bill, who seems to be waiting for my approval.

Y/N: ... Very well, I'll go up.

I start to climb the stairs

B: Awesome.  Uh, do you want me to help you?

Y/N: It's not necessary.  I know how to climb the stairs.

I'm climbing up, but suddenly I feel Bill's huge hands brushing my hip.  WHAT THE HELL?!  HE CAN'T  DO THAT!  I turn to see Bill to stop.

Y/N: WOAH!  WHAT ARE YOU-

I turn to see him so abruptly that my foot slips making me fall down the tube ladder. Before falling, Bill holds me by the arms so I don't hit the ground.  Then, he laughs.

B: Hahaha, be careful, Y/N.  If I hadn't been here.  You could've gotten hurt.

Uuugh I would like to answer "If you hadn't been here I wouldn't have fallen in the first place", but I don't want to be aggressive with someone. I climb up the stairs again, a little faster since that tiger made me nervous.  I hate being touched like that.

I reach the ground and finally put my whole body on the second floor.  Bill's friend better not behave like a jerk just like him.  I get up off the ground to see the stagehand who's up here.

I gasp as I realize the person up here is Legoshi.  My ears lift just like my tail. He's checking a reflector but when he hears me gasp he turns to see me.

Oh God, I knew Legoshi would be around, but he wasn't supposed to see me. I should've imagined that he would be Bill's friend.

B: Hey Legoshi! Look who's here?

It seems that Bill went up too, he's behind me again.  It's too late for me to go back now, the only thing I can do is stay looking like an idiot.

B: You might remember Y/N, she's the little wolf who played the violin at the audition.

Legoshi stares at me. So that's why I didn't find him at the auditions. He was the stagehand. HE was the one holding the spotlight during the auditions.

L: Uh .. yes, I remember her well.

THIS IS SO UNCOMFORTABLE!  What am I supposed to say?! The only thing I can think of doing is say hi.

Y/N: H-..

B: You see...

Aaand .... I'm already interrupted.

B: I was talking to her about you, and I thought it'd be a good idea that you guys got to know each other a little better.

I see that Bill winks at him, I know what those expressions mean...

L: Um-Uh of course.  It's just that... soon I'll have to-..

B: Alright then!  I'll give you some space.  Good luck.

Good luck?  Luck for what?  Bill comes down and returns with his group of friends, leaving me alone with Legoshi.