CHAPTER 18: BETWEEN RUMOR AND RUMOR

Rehearsal's over, I'm on my way to my room.  I'm worried about Louis, but I get that thought out of my head.  I must trust him. For now, I must focus on the Legoshi issue.

He really seems to be innocent.  But I hardly know him.  There must be some way, to get information out of him.  I can't get it out of his friends as I thought.  They would probably protect him ... and, Legoshi already knows about me, so it would be suspicious if he saw me asking questions to his friends.

What if ... It sounds crazy but ... What if I become his friend?  This sounds ridiculous, but maybe if I get a little closer to him, maybe he'll drop some information.  And if not, at least I'll be able to integrate a bit with their group of friends where it wouldn't seem so strange that I would come alone with them to ask something on private.

As I'm thinking of my plan, I don't see a bunny walking past me.

?: Where do you think you are going?

?: Are you going to kiss more boys?

I listen to some girls talking, that distract me from my thoughts, I turn to see that a cat and a raccoon have a rabbit surrounded. The rabbit doesn't seem to back down.

Rabbit:  Leave me alone.  I'm not doing anything

I see the cat pushes her toward the wall, causing her to drop all her notebooks as they laugh. I should step in instead of standing and doing nothing.

Y/N: Hey!

The girls see me and seem to get nervous.

Y/N: Leave her alone.

Racoon: O-Oh look at that Haru. Are you fooling around with girls too?  I didn't expect you to be more promiscuous than you already were.

Wha-?  These girls were pissing me off.

Y/N: Hey, I'm warning you.  There's no reason to become violent.

Cat: And look at this. It seems that you chose the killer huh?  Did you do it so she could protect you?  Besides being a slut, you use people for your selfish reasons.

I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

Y/N: Listen here, if you don't stop I ...

Cat: What do you plan to do if we don't stop? Huh? Tell me.

That black cat is challenging me?  Very well, I suppose that I'll have to take advantage of the rumors that people has made me.

I clench my fist and hackle up my fur. I put an intense look as a warning.

Y/N: ...Do you really want to know?

The girls get intimidated, they back down. This is the first time I face bullies.

Y/N: Go away..

And so they do.

Racoon: This isn't going to stay like this!

Well, they're gone, I'll worry later if they make more rumors about me.  Why would they bother a rabbit?  Oh right, the rabbit.  I turn to see her, she seems surprised that I helped her.

Y/N: Umm ... are you okay?

Rabbit: Uh .. yes. Yes I'm fine.

I think those bullied mentioned her name, but despite the situation I don't remember it.  The rabbit bends down to pick up her notebooks. She seems thoughtful.

Rabbit: ... Hey, are you a lesbian?

WHAT?!  What kind of question is that?!

Y/N: N-No!  Of course not! Why ... um, why do you ask that?

Rabbit: ... It's nothing, just curious. Why did you help me then?

This bunny is making me weird questions.

Y/N: Well, they were bullying you and ... that wasn't fair.

She seems to be thinking again, holding her cheek with her hand as she thinks. Is she asking this because....? Right, she's aware of the rumors isn't she? She surely wonders why an assassin would help her.  She mustn't believe that my intentions are good.

Y/N: Just .... be careful.

I turn around about to get away from her.

Rabbit: Hey... I don't think you're a murderer.

Wait what?  Did she just read my mind?  I turn to see her, I don't know why, but until now, I notice she has a bandaged arm, then I realize that she's a dwarf rabbit.  No, she's not just a dwarf rabbit.  She's THE dwarf rabbit.  The rabbit that Legoshi attacked.

Rabbit: I mean, I don't think you are what they say.  You know ... you're not the only one affected by rumors.

Y/N: Uh, what? ... How do you-?

Rabbit: I saw how you behaved with those girls, besides, a killer wouldn't have thought on saving a small animal like me.

Y/N: Uh yes .. Well I don't ... yes, it's true.

Wow, she's very observant.

Haru: I'm Haru, but I guess you already know that.

I really didn't know, but I'll play along.

Y/N: I'm Y/N, but I think you already knew that too, heh.

All right, now I must ask her about Legoshi.

Y/N: Hey uh ... I hope I'm not intruding but um... What happened to your arm?

Haru looks at her bandaged arm.

Haru: I really don't remember.

What??  She looks at me with a smile.

Haru: Yes, I may have gotten hurt while working at the garden club or something.

Hm .. I don't know, it smells like lies, but okay.  I suppose I could make her my friend too, maybe I could get her to tell me the truth later.

Y/N: Oh well, I understand.

Haru: Cool..... Well I should go.

Haru starts walking away. I should ask her.

Y/N: Yea-wait! 

Haru stops and turns to see me.

Y/N: I-I was thinking, do you think we could meet tomorrow at lunch?  And ... To get to know each other, because ... You know, from rumor to rumor.  We have to get to know who we really are.... Right?

Haru stares at me and then turns to think about it.  I hope I don't scare her or make her think I have other intentions. She finally turns to see me again.

Haru: All right, see you at lunch.