CHAPTER 12: WHEN THE SILENT SPEAKS

I'm at the cafeteria, after choosing my food, I try to find that rabbit that was almost eaten yesterday.

Lunchtime is when most high school students, herbivores and carnivores, gather in a small space to eat. So this is my chance to find her.

I look around at every table in the place. There aren't many dwarf rabbits around here really. I can't find her. I peek into the herbivore zone but I can't find her either. How strange ... Will she be alright?

All this mess doesn't stop me from thinking about Juno, I've been thinking about her all day. Last night, after my encounter with Legoshi, I returned to my room with the intention of talking to her. But when I arrived, Juno was already sleeping. I had another long night for thinking about what to do. Luckily I managed to fall asleep. But when I woke up, still intending to talk to her, Juno was already up and gone. She didn't even woke me up to go with her. I saw the time and noticed I was already half an hour late, I had to get ready quickly and I ran to class. But I haven't had a chance to talk to her.

A: You Bastard!! What's the deal!!

Me, like the rest of the people, turn to see an African wild dog that seems to be attacking a fox.

A: You realize you've been stepping on my tail the whole time, Right?!

F: I said I was sorry! What more do you want?!

I can feel the tension building between those two carnivores, each second more intense than the other.

A: But you laughed when you said it like the whole thing was funny you DAMMED FOX!!

F: What's with all those lines on your face? A little too much stress?

The fox made a mistake by making fun of that wild dog. When he said that last sentence, the dog attacked him immediately and bit his arm. Wreaking havoc in the cafeteria. Several people screamed in shock at seeing the attack.

F: Damn it!! Did you just.. BITE ME?! Do you know what's gonna happen now?!

The fox moves in such a way that throws the dog on the ground, but he keeps biting him. They keep fighting and no one is stopping them. People begin to get closer to watch the scene, they're to many people..

I start to gasp several times, people are crowding again and they are crushing me. I need to get out of here. I try to get away from the crowd that's been made, ignoring the fight. I start to sweat and feel like I'm hyperventilating.

Am I walking away? I still see many people. It's noisy. My ear twitches again. There's a lot of noise. The fight and people yelling are overwhelming me. I must get out of here. I-I, I ... I MUST GET OUT OF HERE!!!

L: ENOUGH!!

A scream stops the fight. Everyone goes silent and we turn to see who the scream was from. It's Legoshi .. That wolf again? What does he plan?

Legoshi seems to have noticed the scandal he made. Remaining silent and covering his muzzle. I hear a Golden Retriever whispering him a question.

J: What the heck is up with you Legoshi?

I see Legoshi, looking around nervously, looking at the crowd that stares at him. For a moment he gets to see me. So I react and take advantage of people being distracted by him to get away from the crowd.

So, it seems that even his friends have seen his strange behavior huh? Maybe I can talk to that dog later. I leave the cafeteria. I still can't find the rabbit. But maybe Legoshi's friend could give me some hints. Meanwhile, I walk away from the crowd for now. I want to be alone.