CHAPTER 34: REACHING THE LIMIT

Y/N: Okay but don't look at me.

Juno: Easy, we're both female, I'm not going to see anything.

Y/N: I know, but it still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Juno: Okay, I won't look.

Juno finally turns around, we turn our backs between the two of us.

We're in our room cutting our fur. After all, a month has passed since we put on the "Adler" play so the money they gave us, I already had to pay them to stay here. Now I'll need as much money as possible since summer vacation is just around the corner.

Juno: All right, I think it's done.

Like Juno, I'm also done. Before I start looking at the fur I left, I get up and put my clothes on quickly. I wouldn't like to be wandering around the school in my underwear.

After we get dressed, Juno and I see how much fur we leave behind. I can see that there's more reddish gray fur than white.

Juno: Well it seems I win.

Y/N: Oh come on, just 'cause you're bigger than me.

Juno: Anyway, we should put them in bags and take them to the yarn club.

Y/N: I wonder how much they'll pay us.

Juno: And here we go again with the money.

She gives me a playful punch.

Juno: Why are you always focused on the money? I do it because now the summer's hotter, so a haircut will feel more refreshing.

Y/N: Yeah if you say so.

This makes me look like I'm ambitious with money but I have no choice.

Although I doubt selling my fur would give me enough to... well survive. I wonder what the next event will be at the drama club.

...

Sanu: We were invited to participate in the harvest festival of the meteor.

The drama club cheers up when they hear this. I wonder what they'll make me play in their work. I've never participated on a festival like that.

I come from a place where they thought this celebration was stupid, so I'm excited to experience it for the first time.

After a while, all the groups of a different department split up to prepare what they have to do with this event. I go with the music group and they give me my new music sheet.

This time Juno will participate and act in this event, she's with the other boys listening to what'll be the play they're going to do about, while we rehearse the music that'll be played.

The rehearsal ends, I was planning to go with Juno but I see that she's walking with Sheila. She's already making more friends apparently. Good for her. I pick up my violin and music sheet and walk to my room alone.

I read the scores, I plan to rehearse them as soon as I get to my room. Anyway I'll have some time alone so I won't feel embarrassed to play.

SNAP.

A stick breaks, my ear moves when I hear it. I turn to see what caused such noise.

Badger: Well, well, Darren, look who we have here.

Badger: It seems to be the weak killer, eh Seth?

Oh no, these guys again.

Darren: What happened little girl? Were you afraid of killing someone else after we messed with you?