CHAPTER 57: SPILLED BLOOD

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?! I run at full speed looking for someone, ANYONE, to not be alone. I want to be safe.

I run and run, but I find no one, this stupid field is bigger than I thought.

Haru: LOUIS!!!

I hear a scream and I immediately recognize it's Haru, she's close, and that scream... She must be in danger!!

Y/N: Haru!!..

I hurry with speed heading on to her scream. I see how the lights of the park turn on again, Scared, I look around and see people getting together, calming down after they see they're no long in danger once the lights came back.

Please Haru, be ok! Tell me no one took you in the darkness. TELL ME YOU'RE OK!

After so much running, I stop abruptly when I finally find her on a distance, she's standing next to Legoshi. Thank God she's fine. I feel a little relief, although I still feel scared after what happened.

Legoshi's crouched down to see Haru face to face, they both look calm, he looks happy.. It's painful to see that, but that's not really my concern now.

I look around, but I don't see anyone so big or strong that could've been the one trying to kidnap me. I hide my tail between my legs and my ear twitches again.

Among all the people I look around, I look at Juno, who's looking at Legoshi too. She sighs and walks away looking upset..

Although I know Haru's fine, I want to be with her, with my friends. I need some company to feel better. So I approach them.

As I walk, I see Haru wipe her clothes with a small rag Legoshi handed to her, and then she hands it back to him once she's done. He removes his backpack to store his rag.

I see Haru turns to see me so I greet her, waving my hand, but instead of her returning the friendly greeting, I see her lower her ears and twitch her nose, Her joyous gaze swiftly changes to one filled with terror when she sees me.. I stop when I see something worries her. What's going on?

It is then when I feel the warm and metallic liquid on my palate, the taste of blood inside my mouth.

I put my hand in front of my mouth and touch it, feeling my hand slowly getting wet. I put my hand down and turn to see it, the blood spread on my hand once more.

My eyes widen, I gasp for air knowing what I did and I feel my heart beating out of my chest again. I covered my mouth with my hands so no one else sees me, looking at Haru one last time, who still looks terrified, I run away.

I run tripping over my own feet to some hut, I look for the nearest bathroom, so I can clean myself up.

Once again, I've spilled blood. It's not my fault! They were going to kidnap me! But what will Haru think of me now?! Has anyone else seen me?!

I get to the nearest bathroom and slam the door. I run to a sink and open the faucet in a flash.

I feel the frozen water fall on my hands, cleaning them vigorously until my fur's completely white again.

I feel tears of terror dripping down my face, feeling my warm tears joining with the drops of blood of the person I bit.

Remembering it makes me taste the blood in my mouth one more time. A bitter and saturating flavor. I didn't want to do this, but I had no choice... I wanted to live!

I blow the water onto my face to clean it off and start to wash my face and mouth as hard as I can, I swish and spit out all the blood.

It is until I'm clean when I lean my hands on the sink with nausea and realize that all this happened too fast, but even so, it felt longer than it was..

It is then that Louis's words return to my mind.

Louis: You're a very brave girl, but learn to use you're courage in a not stupid way.

What kind of bravery was this? A useful one to stay alive? Or a stupid one in which I'll end up getting into more trouble...

Either way, my courage, my instincts, make me fear of myself, more than if I always lived in fear...

The courage I had, made me taste blood today... If I tried blood today, what will it make me taste tomorrow? How far will I end up going?