Chapter 84: She Made Me Watch

~Klaus POV~

Grace sat on a bench overlooking the quarter as she tried to rationalise the idea that her family was once again falling apart when it finally came back together.

"Can I have a minute?" Her father asked. She patted to the space beside him and wiped away her tears.

"Is it my turn for a goodbye now?" She asked with a bitter laugh.

"Grace—"

"Can I come with you? Please." She requested, but Klaus simply shook his head.

"I don't think you should." He murmured apologetically. "It's—"

"I wanna go first." She told him before taking a deep breath. "I'm gonna make you proud. I can't promise that I won't go through a period where I get irresponsible tattoos and date older guys who drive motorcycles without helmets on, but I am going back to school. And I won't get in as much trouble I promise, I'll cut down my detentions by half before the end of the school year. I'm gonna be okay. Because I'm a Mikaelson. And I swear that I will do right by our name."

"I know you will, my daughter." Klaus told her with a pained smile. "I love you. More than all the days and all the nights, deeper than the oceans and the skies."

"I love you too." She said with a tight hug. "And so does Elliott. Even if he isn't here to say it himself, he does."

"Your brother has every right to be angry at me." Klaus murmured. "But he loves you, always."

"I..." Grace never finished her sentence as she instead collapsed into her father's arms.

A terror rushed over the hybrid as he carried her limp body back into the courtyard. She was sweating and her body almost burned to the touch as she fizzled in an out of consciousness.

"Fiore!" Klaus called out in a worry, causing his wife to speed to his side.

"What happened to her?" Fiore asked him.

"I don't know!" Klaus answered. "We were talking, and she just collapsed."

"But the Hollow is gone!" Rebekah exclaimed. "This should be over! I thought it was over."

"No, this isn't the Hollow." Fiore explained. "It's too hot to be the hollow, it's something else."

"Room for one more?"

Klaus looked up to see Declan stride in, who had his eyes fixed on the hybrid. Klaus was terrified by his sudden appearance.

"Declan this isn't the time." Fiore said in exasperation.

"That's not Decal." Klaus murmured.

"It's been a while, Son."

"Mikael?" Elijah asked in disgust.

"Ansel." Klaus corrected, watching his father in shock.

"But you killed him, right?" Rebekah said as she looked between the two. "Right?"

Elijah and Fiore locked eyes with a horrified gaze, hoping the hybrid would not catch on. But he did.

"Fiore, what did you do?" Klaus asked her angrily.

"She put me in a different—"

"I want to hear it from her!" Klaus snapped.

"I put him in a different body. So when you killed him...he just jumped." His wife replied sheepishly.

"And you knew?" Klaus said to his brother, his rage increasing.

"Yes." Elijah answered sombrely.