Chapter 45: I Want To Be Your Son

~Elliott POV~

As the parade took place, Elliott couldn't help but feel angry as he watched people dance and sing. It felt like they were celebrating Hayley's death when all it made him want to do was tear the entire city apart.

"This is all wrong." He told his aunt. "She didn't even know half of these people."

"Your mom made her mark on this city." Freya replied. "All these people want to honour her."

"And I guess none of her friends do?" He asked her. "None of her family?"

He sighed as he walked past and left his aunt behind him. He began to feel faint and everything around him gained a strange blur like he was looking at them through a mirage.

"This is all wrong." He murmured repeatedly.

~Klaus POV~

"What's the delay?" He asked the witch impatiently.

"It's magic, not pay-per-view." She answered before going back to her chanting.

He suddenly found himself in the midst of the funeral parade and marched through, hoping to find his son as soon as possible.

He saw the weapons inside the car that had driven into the street and he knew he had to be there. In person. He pulled away and Ivy watched him with worried eyes.

"I have to be there."
"You can't!"

"There is a big difference between can't and shouldn't!" He shot back at the witch. "I need to protect my son!"

He headed back for his car, but Ivy shot out her hand and there was a magic hold on him. He was brought to his knees and unable to move under the intense weight of the pressure.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you go."

~Elliott POV~

A car drove into the street, almost hitting Elliott and he growled as he realised they wouldn't even let him mourn her peacefully. This city was a city of death. And Elliott knew it had to burn. And start anew.

"Elliott!" Freya said as she rushed to his side. "We gotta get you out of here."

"No!" He snapped, pulling his hand out of her grip.

"Elliott—"

"I said no, Freya." He interrupted. "It's bad enough that she is dead because of them! I am not gonna let them ruin this too."

He flicked his hands and Freya was thrown to the wayside as the mirage in his sight only seemed to grow thicker.

He held out his hands and stalked up to one of the vans that had ambushed his grieving time and began to chant a spell. The spell that would set everything back on track. The van burst into flames and Elliott watched as it exploded to pieces, whilst the other "mourners" scattered in fear.

He turned his attention to the other van which Josh was standing in front of, but he didn't care. He just knew he had to finish this. A weapon was raised at him and he almost laughed at the sight of it. Before they could even pull the trigger, it would be too late for them.

"JOSH!" His aunt yelled, causing the vampire to turn his attention to him.

Josh instantly dashed to Elliott's side and dragged him away before he could do anymore damage.

~Klaus POV~

"I am going to break every bone in your body." Klaus growled.

"I'm sorry but there are things you don't know." Ivy told him.