Chapter 70: You May Both Kiss The Bride

~Freya POV~

Freya walked up to the courtyard to see Keelin packing her stuff and felt her heart shatter into millions of pieces.

"Please don't."

"Don't what?" The wolf snapped. "Do what's best for myself? I have waited for you for years, lived on your terms, set aside what I needed for myself to make you happy! And then you pull this crap?"

"Would you rather I lied to you?"

"No, of course not!" The brunette shot back. "But you're the reason I wanted to have kids in the first place! I didn't want to pass on my werewolf gene! But when I met you and I saw how you were with family and how much love that you have to offer...and it made me want more."

"It's not like I didn't think about it." Freya started. "For all the same reasons."

"Then why be so definitive?"

"Because...because I'm terrified."

"Who isn't?" Freya looked back at Keelin with a look of torment and Keelin walked up to her with determination. "Yes, see that is the look I need. The "I don't know what to do" look, the "you're my partner, let's work it out together" look. And believe me it is a lot better than the Mikaelson "I'm gonna stubbornly make all the decisions for the both of us until the end of time" look."

"You must hate that look."

"I hate that look like you wouldn't believe." Keelin told her before taking a deep breath. "If you really feel like kids couldn't ever be on the table, then just give me some time to process that before we jump into marriage. But if it's something that you're willing to discuss after today and I mean truly open, not just tryna get me in a white dress...then tell me that too."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." Keelin told her in earnest. "So now what?"

"I'm open to spending the rest of my life figuring that out with you." Freya began. "I'm open to conquering my fears. I'm open to considering having a family. And...and I'm open to marrying you today. If you still want to."

"Yes." Keelin told her. "Yes Freya."

~Klaus POV~

Fiore had composed herself and left Klaus and Rebekah in a fit of anguish, but Klaus knew that she wanted to be alone and headed back to the compound, only to discover Elijah on his way out.

"Where are you going?" Klaus asked him. "I need you today."

"I knew who she was, Niklaus."

"Who?"

Elijah put down his bag and turned to face his brother with despair.

"Hayley." Klaus looked back at him in shock as his brother went on to explain. "I knew who she was. Five years ago, we met in Manosque. I didn't know who she was at the time but in the few hours we spent together, we still had...a profound connection. You have to understand when I walked into that farmhouse and I saw her, I was just completely bewildered. In that mayhem and turmoil, I could only see her as some agent of deception for the very family I was at war with. It wasn't until my memories returned that I realised...I could have saved her. I could her saved her, Niklaus. I can't forgive myself...and neither should any of you."

"Grace is dying." Klaus told him as his brother walked away. "I can't tell Freya. Or Elliott. Not today."

"What did you just say?"

"She's dying."

Elijah turned back to Klaus with tears in his eyes, but still was not ready to be there for him. "Well, then I suspect I'm the last person she needs right now."