Chapter 5: See You At Parent's Evening

~Klaus POV~

"It's been a thousand years and yet I still seem to be the one having to clean up your messes." Fiore said as she began to toss blankets over the murdered bodies that he left lying around. He sat down and watched curiously, unsure of what her plan was and therefore unsure of how to treat her.

"Well, history has been known to repeat itself." He replied.

"And if you aren't a testament to that, then what is?" She muttered bitterly as she tried to discard of his handiwork. "Just once, could you have murdered one fella and been done with it?"

"I actually thought there would be more. It's a pity really." He replied nonchalantly, causing her to turn and face him with a glare.

"Trying to break a record?"

"In all honesty, I'm trying not to flatter myself that you've come all this way on a sudden whim, just to see little ol' me." He replied with a smirk that he could tell almost made her crack a smile. "Why are you here, Fiore? Surely you have more important needs to be attended to across the pond."

He got up from his seat, edging closer to Fiore who remained an unmoving force. "I got a phone call that caused me a lot of hassle. Do you know what that is, out of curiosity? Or do you just not know how to pick up? Because I can teach you, if you like, modern day technology means everything is yours with the touch of a button."

"Hilarious as ever." He replied with a wry smile as he began to walk away from her, unable to stomach her jibes. He thought their time apart had given him thicker skin, but like always she knew how to cut at the parts that hurt the most. "So is it Hayley that requested you come see me? Because I'm sure this wasn't your idea."

"And you'd be right." Fiore continued as she went after him, turning him so he could look her in the eye. "But the phone call I was referring to was from the school your daughter just so happens to go to. Or should I say was expelled from?"

"What?" He asked in surprise causing Fiore to grow even more smug than before.

"So there is a caring bone in your body." She mused with a chuckle. "I had wondered if you'd had it removed, what with you not asking about her."

"Why do you do things like that?" He asked her, raising his voice as he began to lose his temper.

"Do what?"

"You say things that you know are not true just to hurt me!"

"How do I know that's not true? It's not like you spent the last six years trying to get in contact with your children! Like the man that I was married to would have!" She shot back, the hybrid already near tears.

"Elliott left of his own volition and I will respect that." Klaus murmured back in response.

"And why is that, Klaus?" Fiore retorted. "Why would Elliott leave the man he admires and adores the most in the world?"

"I'm sure he had his reasons." The hybrid answered casually.

"You want to play that stupid game with me, fine no problem. Let's talk about your daughter, shall we? The one I had to fight to keep her in school because your absence hurts her!" Fiore snapped, her own tears on the brink of forming. "Why are you avoiding her? She is beautiful and funny, and she's got a mouth on her like you can never imagine. And she is smart. So smart, maybe too smart for her own good."

"Just like her bloody father." The two said in unison, Klaus smiling at how well he still knew his Blossom, whether she liked it or not.

"But just like the rest of us, she hears the rumours that have plagued the earth as of late." She told him. "That Demon Klaus has come out to play."