Chapter 19: Prepare For Hell On Earth

Vincent was now casting a spell that was working my last nerve, seeing as I had already done it and he was no doubt going to get the exact same results as I did before him. My fist clenched and blood started to pool in my palm that Marcel quickly unfurled.

"Relax." He murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "It's gonna be alright, Mother."

"Hayley has definitely been in here." Vincent replied.

"I know, as I told you before, I already cast the spell determining that." I snapped at him. "I thought you were going to be useful."

"Mother—"
"Let me guess," I continued. "You can't sense who took her but her fear drips from the walls like the blood message inscribed into it."

"Fiore, I understand you are under duress, but I am just tryna help Hayley." Vincent told me.

"You can help her, by being useful!" I snapped at him. "Come on Vincent, how certain are you that it wasn't one of your witches who did this to her? They'd have an easier time of it than a vampire, certainly the wolves are no match."

"I'm 100% sure." Vincent replied before turning to Marcel. "I think you should direct your anger at the vampire king."

I turned to Marcel who paused before answering me. "Seven years ago, I would've said absolutely but...but now I seem to be getting more attitude than allegiance."

"Let me tell you something, Marcel." Vincent said to him. "I appreciated this city a hell of a lot more when it ran like a democracy and not a monarchy. Truth be told, none of y'all were missed."

"I don't care whether I was missed, whether Marcel was missed, whether the Mikaelsons were missed—all of that is of no interest to me." I told Vincent. "What I am very interested in, is ensuring that Hayley is not missed. By her son, my daughter, by me, by anyone. So far, you've proven to be useless in that endeavour, instead, choosing to aggravate me to no end. Now because you are my friend, I am giving you this warning. But the next time, I can't promise I'll be as lenient."

By now, Vincent was glaring at me, when Ivy walked in, panic wracking her face.

"He took Collette." She said worriedly.

"What?" Vincent asked her.

"Klaus." She elaborated. "He took a member of each faction. Collette, David, who's one of Lisina's wolves, that vampire who runs Rousseau's."

"Josh?" Marcel asked in anger.

"Tell me that imbecilic waste of space was not idiotic enough to do that." I added, but Ivy only nodded her head in confirmation. "I don't even know why I had to ask, only Klaus could think up something that stupid."

"He said if we don't turn Hayley in by sundown, he'll slaughter them."

"Fiore, you gotta do something." Vincent urged.

"Do what?"

"Talk him down. He's your husband!" Vincent told me.

That was the final straw and I clenched my fist, forcing Vincent to his knees as he clutched at his chest in pain.

"Mother!"

"He is not my husband!" I yelled at him. "Stop depending on me to reign that man in because he is nothing but a man I am forced to tolerate for the sake of my child! I am not his keeper, nor his lifeline! If you have a problem with Klaus, sort it out on your own! I have nothing to do with him and I don't want anything to do with him!"

"Fiore, please!" Ivy begged. "We are all on the same side."

"You're right." I sighed and unclenched my fist as Ivy helped Vincent get to his feet. "I'm going to do something about Hayley, who I actually care about. Have fun cleaning up Klaus' messes, then you'll see why I despise it so much."

~Vincent POV~

"Over and over and over again!" Vincent exclaimed in exasperation. "It is the same story! I give that family the benefit of the doubt, I do magic for 'em and in the end, it's just the same thing! And then the only thing that I know right now is that I gotta get Collette back."

"You are letting rage drown reason!" Ivy warned him. "I get it. Witches do the spells, protect the land, keep the peace but who looks out for us, right? We all know the story. But that doesn't mean we just get to risk their lives because if we attempt a rescue and fail, Klaus will kill them all. And you know that."

"That's the thing." Vincent countered. "I don't know that. I have absolutely no way of predicting what that man is going to do. When it comes to war, there is absolutely no strategist that is as great as Klaus and Fiore Mikaelson. But he needs her as his co-captain, with no Fiore to reign him in then it is absolute chaos on our hands."

"Fiore will come around; she is just hurting." Ivy insisted. "It's like you always said, one will pull the other out of the abyss."

"Not if they're both in it." Vincent retorted. "You saw her in there! Hayley's disappearance has turned her morals on its head. Fiore Mikaelson is one of the best friends you will ever have but the minute you become an enemy of the indestructible Enigma, then there is no hope for you. And when they are both in that abyss, Ivy, then we have to prepare for hell on earth."

"There must be a way to get them out."

"Oh, there is, he's called Elijah." Vincent told her, causing Ivy's optimism to diminish. "He gets Klaus back on the right path and Klaus pulls out Fiore. But where is he? Nowhere to be found." He sighed before becoming resolute once again. "I gotta get Collette back."

"Then let us ask the cards for guidance, huh?" Ivy suggested. "If Klaus, or even Fiore, steps out of line, we'll be the first to know."

~Josh POV~

Josh stood in the boundary circle, clutching the bracelet Elliott had given him and waiting in anticipation of rescue. He heard footsteps and thought his prayers had been answered, only for Marcel to stroll through the gates. He headed right for the boundary but was immediately thrown back.

"Let him out." Marcel demanded but Klaus merely smirked. "Now."

"Sorry, but I'm afraid Josh is far more useful in here." The hybrid replied.

"Is that what I'm supposed to tell my guys huh?" Marcel asked him. "They already think I'm toeing your line."

"Your guys?" Klaus interjected. "Marcel, the words scrawled upon those walls applies to you just as much as it does to me. Freak Filth Crossbreed. Perhaps that's why the vampires are deaf to your commands or are you still pretending to be one of them?"

"Those words also apply to your wife. Your son. Your daughter." Marcel shot back. "Or did you forget—"

"ALL OF THIS—is for my wife, my son, my daughter." Klaus spat in his fury. "They took Hayley by force, they tied her down like an animal and all because what? Because she's different. Because they're scared of her. You see that is their language—fear. So now then listen."

"Josh," Marcel interrupted. "I'll get you out of here I promise."

"Oh, how sentimental." Klaus muttered with a roll of his eyes. "Until then, do your job and deliver my next message."

Klaus chucked three letters on the ground which Marcel bitterly retrieved. And as Josh waited for rescue, he knew it was not to be Marcel to save him.