Chapter 44: I Just Had Hayley

A/N: I hope you are ready to play The Crying Game because...

~Elliott POV~

Elliott and his aunt stood at the front of the parade as Elliott looked around at all of the people at his mother's funeral march. Most of which he was certain Hayley didn't know. His phone rang again and he glanced down to check only to find out that it was Davina calling again. He sighed and declined the call, looking up to catch a glimpse of Josh, who's back was turned to him. The tribrid quickly averted his eyes and instead turned to his aunt who gave him a pained gaze.

"Is that your dad's suit?" She asked with a warm smile.

"Yeah, I guess." He murmured in response. "He left it on my bed for me. He knew I always had trouble picking them out. I didn't realise it was his."

"Well it suits you." She said, chuckling as she realised what she had. "Pun not intended."

"I think you mean puninteded." He replied, his eyes watering. "Hayley had such bad jokes. And still I wish she were here to tell me another one."

"I know."

"Where's Klaus?" Elliott asked nervously.

"He'll be here soon." Freya replied. "He's just waiting on Ivy to help him with the astral projection."

"And Grace? Fiore?" He inquired.

"Grace...isn't coming. She's too upset." Freya said, causing his heart to ache. "But Fiore is around here somewhere. I saw her with Ric."

"So she isn't coming either." He said with a bitter laugh.

"She will be here for you." Freya insisted.

"What about everyone else?" He asked in exasperation.

"Marcel should be here. And Vincent." She answered as she scoured the crowd for a friendly face.

"Where's Declan?" Elliott asked Freya who closed her eyes and sighed. "Please tell me someone told Declan."

"Elliott—"

"Are you serious?" He asked in disbelief.

"He's in Ireland. I was so focused on everyone else..."

"Freya, what the hell?"

"I'll fix it." She insisted.

"Why is no one ever here for me?" He said as he ran his hands over his face. "Not Fiore, not Grace, not Klaus, I—I just had Hayley. And now she's gone."

"That is not true." Freya said as she took his hands in hers. "You have me. Forever and ever you have me. I love you more than you could ever know. You will always have me."

He nodded in agreement, knowing that Freya was doing her best and it wasn't her fault that he had been deserted in his hour of need. She was the only one there.

"Look! There's Davina!"

Elliott looked in surprise to find his friend standing in wait for him. She rushed up to him and engulfed him in a tight hug as Josh followed gingerly behind her.

"I figured you could use as many friends as possible." Josh told him.

"Luckily, you have the two best ones you could possibly have." Davina said with a fond gaze. "I love you so much Elliott. I am so sorry."

"Me too." Josh added. "Especially in whatever part I had to—"

"Just stop. I hate that. It wasn't your fault." Elliott told him. "Grace already has the me-me-me card. So I'd really appreciate it if you would stop making my mom's death about you."