Chapter 50: Babies Love To Boogie

A/N: One of my favourite chapters for sure.

~Klaus POV~

Klaus and Elijah were ransacking the study in the hopes of finding the key before his children went a step too far. The need to get out was already heightened but now that The Hollow and the prophetic curse was in play, there was a clock to contend with too.

"What was my relationship with your daughter?" Elijah asked Klaus.

"The irony of you expressing an interest in family!" Klaus shot back.

"Look, I got nothing to go on here. You help me and we all get out." Elijah reminded him, causing the hybrid to turn and face him. He noticed the rabbit toy that was in his hands and Klaus sighed at the sight of it, wishing he was anywhere but here.

"The day she was born you gave that to her." Klaus murmured.

"Fiore, she still needs a name." Klaus told Fiore as she sat in front of their daughter, waving the teddy in front of her on the day she was born.

"She's a strong girl." Fiore replied. "I want to name her after someone...someone strong. And brave. And beautiful. Caroline? Rebekah?"

"Fiore?" Klaus teased, causing Fiore to smirk back at him and roll her eyes.

"Katherine?" She teased back.

"God, no." Klaus replied, causing the two of them to laugh.

"Maybe after Hayley." Fiore said, choking up. "She gave birth to her. Hayley? Andrea? Andrea means courageous."

Klaus saw how pained Fiore was feeling at the thought of their daughter's traumatic first day. He sat beside her and placed a kiss to her cheek and wiped away the tear that had fallen.

"It's only day one, and I'm terrible at this." She told him. "I couldn't give birth, I scared them into merging and I can't keep her safe. I wasn't even the first face she saw when she got home. Marcel was. And I should feel grateful, but I hate him. And he's my son."

"You are amazing." Klaus told her.

"Nik, stop."

"I mean it." He continued. "You are amazing at every single thing you do. And when the time comes for her to come home, and it will, you will be amazing then too."

"I hope I believe that one day."

"Me too." He said as the two watched their cooing daughter.

"What about the brave men in her life?" Fiore asked as she fiddled with Elijah's gift. "Ellie? Kollette? Nikola?"

Neither answered as none of the names she had suggested for their daughter felt correct. Instead, they remained engrossed in their awe as the trials came to an end and resulted in their beautiful little girl.

"I used to think I could never love anyone as much as I loved you." Klaus told her as they watched her.

"Yeah, me too." She said with a teary laugh. "I never even knew I could love someone this much. It feels...like it might kill me."

"It nearly did." Klaus told Fiore, causing her to turn to her husband who's turn it was to cry.

"Oh Nik, I'm still here." Fiore said as she wiped away his tears.

"I'm sorry the beginning of her life was so violent." Klaus told her, but she shook her head in dismissal.

"That was not your fault, my love. You fought for her. You fought for us."