Chapter 66: Repaying Loyalty

~Klaus POV~

"What's happening to me?" Grace asked her father as they sat together in the courtyard. "It's bad, right?"

"You need to rid yourself of this darkness." Klaus told her. "Your mother—"

"I don't want her involved, okay?" Grace demanded. "I can't—I can't disappoint her again. I just can't."

Klaus considered delving into Grace's issues with her mother, but the look in her eyes told him this was not the right time.

"Fine." He replied in resignation. "But if you won't ask her then your only other option is—"

"I won't kill him." Grace interrupted once again. "I can't kill him. I just can't."

"Grace."

"Dad." She countered indignantly; her eyes locked on her veins. "He is no more guilty or responsible than I am."

He smiled at her warmly, seeing Fiore's compassion burning bright in her. "All that power and yet still merciful. That is certainly not a Mikaelson trait."

She chuckled for a moment, but it was quickly overshadowed by her sombre glare. "This is only gonna get worse isn't it?"

~Elliott POV~

"Where have you been?" Elliott asked as Anastasia casually strolled back into her home. "You left hours ago."

"I was with Josh." She answered, causing the tribrid's stomach to churn.

"What?" Elliott choked out. "Why?"

"To give him an ultimatum." Anastasia replied. "You or Aiden."

Elliott wanted to know what Josh's answer had been, but he knew he needed a way to keep Inadu at bay in his sister's body before it was too late. And yet, his curiosity still managed to get the better of him.

"What did he choose?"

"You." Anastasia answered through gritted teeth. "One can only hope he chose correctly."

He tried to hide the smile that had crept up on his lips, but one glance at Anastasia was enough to keep it under wraps. He showed her the closest he had gotten to creating a spell for stopping Inadu.

"That won't work." Anastasia asked. "We'd kill Grace too, leaving her spirit without a host."

"This is why you should've been here." He said with a sigh as he ran his hand over his face tiredly. "Inadu is getting stronger. If she takes over Grace, then not only is she coming for us—"

"She is likely to succeed in killing us."

~Fiore POV~

Declan and I were now in the St Anne's church with Bill who had been sent to give him the O'Connell journals. I was still wholly against this plan, but at the very least, if I was here, I could do the most damage control.

"The archdiocese has been meaning to have these files shipped to the library at St. Patrick's for years." Bill told Declan as he handed him a box of his uncle's files. "This Kieran O'Connell. He's your uncle, right? Yes."

"Thank you." Declan replied gratefully. "Thank you so much, it means a lot."

"No problem." Bill replied warmly. "Let me see if there's more here."

Bill went off into the archives whilst I analysed Declan who had begun to sift through Kieran's files as though he knew what he was looking for.

"Have you seen these before Declan?" I asked him curiously.