Chapter 28: When Your Sister Cries Hybrid

~Grace POV~

Grace paced about the library in anticipation of Roman's arrival. Today was the day that it would all come to a head. She was going to get her aunt back; she wouldn't be a wolf and—most importantly—Grace Mikaelson was going to kiss a boy.

"The whole note goes poof in my pocket is kind of an invasion." Roman told her as he held it up to her.

"Says the guy who keeps breaking into my room." Grace replied with a smirk.

"Fair." He said with a chuckle.

"So," She said before taking a deep breath. "I need a favour. There's this thing I have to do and a chance it might not end well."

"A thing? That might not end well?" Roman said as he sat down on one of the desks. "Anything to for with the impromptu visit from your aunt and your brot—" Grace pressed her lips against his, shooting her shot and pulling away with a strange sense of bravery. "Okay...Didn't really expect that."

She went to kiss him again, this time, with a slight more fervour. "I might die today."

"Okay."

"It's how I get my aunt back so I need to cross a few things off my bucket list." She murmured.

"Wait, was I just your first ki—"

"Can we not talk about it?" She said as she walked backwards, awkwardly making finger guns when Mr Gilbert popped his head into the room.

"Grace, I thought I saw you there. Mr Saltzman wants to see you in his office." Mr Gilbert informed her, letting her release a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness."

Grace had walked to Alaric's office and groaned as she wished this would all be over, once and for all.

"You asked to see me, Ric?" She said as she stepped into his office.

"Yeah." He said with a wide beam. "I have something to tell you."

"You're excluding me from my homework duties?" She joked, causing him to chuckle and shake his head.

"Not in a million years. But I do have a present for you. Something even better."

"Better than no homework? We'll see."

Alaric pulled out another ring with a smaller band and with a Greek inscription written on it—Ypóschesi. She took the ring from him and examined it in awe.

"Promise." Grace murmured. "This is beautiful. What's this for?"

"This is to represent my promise to you." He began. "Gracie, you're 100% right. Your mom deserves better than the best, better than perfection. And so do you. So, I hereby promise that I will go above and beyond everything that is within my power to be the most impossibly amazing husband to her and super cool funny awesome step-dad to you. I love your mom, and I love you. And I want us to be a family. Forever and ever and ever."

Grace beamed at Alaric and pulled the surprise headteacher into a tight hug, a couple tears falling from her eyes.

"That was impossibly adorable." She said as she pulled away and grinned at him. "And if you can do this for me, then I know you can do this for my mom. You'll be great to my mom."

He slipped the ring onto her ring finger on her right hand. "I'm sure the lucky guy or gal that gets you in the end will want the other one."

Grace giggled appreciatively and admired the ring on her hand before sighing and nodding her head in agreement. "Okay. I accept your proposal. You can marry my mom."