Chapter 88: Kliore and Grace Go To The Fair Part 2

The three of us headed to the benches where we straight up devoured the food in front of us.

"Oh my god why do people choose to eat healthily?" Grace asked as she scarfed down her burger.

"I don't know, I just want them to inject fair food into my veins." I said in agreement.

"Grace, please tell me your mother has fed you a vegetable at least once." Nik pleaded as he ate his significantly healthier burger.

"No." She answered truthfully. "But Aunt Freya makes me eat healthy whenever she can."

"No more of that now that Hayley's back." I told her. "Now we outnumber her."

"We should get some of these churros to go and take them back for her." Grace suggested causing her father to scoff.

"She spontaneously resurrected, trust me when I say Elijah has already bought her a churro shop." Nik replied with a laugh.

"Fair games then?" I asked as we finished eating.

We walked to the games ground and I turned to Nik and Grace with a devious grin. "Grace, let this serve as a warning: if the person you love ever looks at you like this—run."

"I was going to suggest a wager." I began. "Who can win the biggest prize?"

"You two have magic, that is cheating."

"Sorry Dad, but I thought you were the Almighty Original Hybrid." His daughter teased. "I guess I was wrong."

"I know what you're doing...and I hate that it's working." He muttered bitterly. "What are the terms?"

"Loser has to do my homework for a week!" Grace suggested.

"Nice try." Her father rebuked.

"The winner is crowned Queen of the Fairground!" I suggested.

"I think you mean King."

"I didn't want to give you any false hope." I replied with a smirk.

"Let's play!"

Nik went first and his dart hit the bullseye exactly. He turned around to us with a confident smirk as the game tender looked on in shock.

"I'll take the enormous dragon, thank you." Nik said with a grin as he was handed a large green dragon teddy bear.

"You haven't seen anything yet." I grinned as I threw my dart, letting my magic guide it in the middle of Nik's dart.

He looked back at me in disbelief and I simply laughed in delight. "I'll take the crown please. You two should get used to calling me the fairground queen."

"Never." Grace said with a shake of her head.

She threw her dart, but all of a sudden, she was distracted. Her dart didn't even reach the board, but I had seen her use magic.

"Better luck next time, sweetheart." Nik told her supportively.

Then I saw a child with a tear-stained face yelping with glee. "Yay! My goldfish!"

The little boy took the plastic bag and held it to his chest with an enormous beam. I looked at my daughter who was smiling and I saw what she had done with her power.

"That was you, wasn't it?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She said with a shrug.

"That was very kind of you, Grace." Her father told her proudly.

"I just figured, I'm not having kids, this is a good opportunity to help some." Grace explained.

"Good God are you trying to kill your mother?" Nik asked with a laugh.