Chapter 55: Life in The Big E

A/N: Remember when I said I might even update twice in a week and then I disappeared for a month sksksksks anyway back with  a vengeance and chapters on chapters on chapters! X

~Elliott POV~

Elliott walked through Fiore's door, looking haggard, his clothes charred, and he was covered in soot, just catching the end of his conversation.

"Hey guys." He said with a tired groan.

"Elliott, what the hell happened to you?" Hayley said as she dashed up to her son.

"You were saying about your blaze of glory?" He replied with a chuckle.

"What are you even doing here, kiddo?" Hayley asked. "Where's your dad?"

"He's not here, is he?" Fiore asked anxiously, my heart already racing at the mere notion of his arrival.

"No, I left him." He answered, a tinge of anger in his voice. "And you don't have to look for Stasia anymore, Mom. I'll find her myself."

"Elliott, I am so close." His mother insisted. "Someone told me her sister lives here and once I find her—"

"No, Mom, you've been great." Elliott insisted. "But Anastasia is my...Look, that girl is formidable beyond measure and she's not gonna come out of hiding if you go looking for her. She wants me to find her. I know that now."

"She sounds like something else." Fiore teased.

"Oh, she is." Elliott replied with a chuckle.

"So why are you looking for her?" Hayley asked with concern for her son.

"Because I love her." Elliott replied. "And I don't want her to get hurt anymore."

~Fiore POV~

"Where's Anastasia?" I turned to Elliott who had only just woken up but was clearly frantic upon doing so.

"Good morning to you too, sweetheart." I replied with a chuckle, but Elliott remained serious.

"Where is she? What did you do to her? Did he hurt her?" He questioned.

"Did who hurt her?" I replied. "You're not making any sense."

"Klaus? Did he hurt Anastasia?" Elliott continued.

"I don't think—"

"I have to go find her."

He quickly departed from the house before rushing off, leaving me to wonder why he thought his father would've hurt Anastasia. And then I realised: Their fight.

I stormed out of my room and into the courtyard where Nik was getting ready to leave and glared as I met him.

"Did you hurt Anastasia?" I asked him.

"What? No!" He refuted, but I remained unconvinced.

"Then why does Elliott think you did?" I questioned. "What the hell happened between you two and what does Anastasia have to do with it?"

"What happened between Elliott and I is none of your business." He shot back as he attempted to walk away from me, but I grabbed his arm and held him in place.

"It bloody well is my business, he is my son too!" I snapped.

"And that's fine, you can get him to tell you, but I don't owe you anything." He countered.

"Niklaus Mikaelson if you don't tell me everything now then so help me I will—"

"I guess this is a bad time."