Chapter 37: I Missed A Lot

A/N: Happy Enigma Day! Four years now since I got into this!

~Hayley POV~

"You do the math Roman, why else would she send you to the middle of nowhere?" Hayley asked the blonde vampire. "If she just wanted Grace to do the binding spell she would've kept you in Mystic Falls or sent you to New Orleans!"

"I trust her, okay?" Roman shot back.

"But that's what she's counting on."

"She's not what you think!" Roman snapped. "When I was a kid, werewolves literally tore my family apart. They left me for dead. Greta saved me. She treated me like a son. She gave me a new family. Until your father showed up and killed mine. Because of him, I spent fifty years desiccated in a cave. But the whole time, Greta never stopped looking for me. She never gave up."

"I might even feel bad for you if nor for the fact that you've kidnapped us!" Grace fired back angrily.

"Listen Roman." Hayley told him. "She's not a mother. She expects things from you that no mother ever should. A mother who really loved her son wouldn't use him as a soldier."

"Coming from the woman that killed hers." Roman told her.

"What I did was not wrong because it was my choice." Hayley refuted. "What was wrong was not taking responsibility. And now that I have, I know that I would never use my Elliott to ever do what Greta is doing to you. Because I love him and—and—"

"It's okay, Aunt Hayley." Grace reassured her teary-eyed aunt. "You are going to see Elliott again and it's all gonna be okay."

"Roman, how can you not see that she has trained you to become a terrorist?" Hayley told him, steeling herself.

"SHUT UP, OKAY?" He commanded. "She just wants us to live separately. In peace."

"Until everyone she doesn't consider pure is annihilated." Hayley refuted. "She wants us dead. You know I'm right."

"She would never do that."

"And you're so sure?" She questioned. "So sure that you're willing to risk our lives on it? To risk Grace's life on it?"

"You have to let us go." Grace told him, but he remained unconvinced.

"I have to make a phone call."

The minute Roman left the house, Hayley and Grace got to working on getting themselves out of their literal and physical bind.

"Keep trying." Hayley urged. "You can do it."

"This is impossible!" She snapped in exasperation. "I am so sorry, Aunt Hayley. I'm so sorry for all of this. I never should've kidnapped you in the first place, it was so wrong of me."

"It is not your fault." Hayley told her. "Gracie, this is all Greta."

"I just—I thought that I was actually going to fix it by doing the binding spell." Grace told her teary-eyed.

"You weren't really gonna do it were you?" Hayley inquired worriedly.

"No, I was!" The tribrid insisted. "Even though I knew my parents didn't want me to do it. I even knew you wouldn't want me to do it. My parents stopped me at the last minute."

"Kliore sure has timing." Hayley said with a soft smile.

"My mom is gonna kill me. Then my dad is going to kill me and then—why aren't you mad at me? Please, just be mad at me." Grace pleaded.