Chapter 20: No Bleeding Idea

I sat in my study, spinning on my chair with my second cigarette for the day in my hand. I closed my eyes and attempted to drift into bliss.

"So you're a smoker." I sighed and stopped spinning at the sound of his voice. "You left that off your dating profile."

"What do you want, Alaric?" I asked with a huff.

"For you to talk to me." He shot back as he stood before me. "You've been avoiding me."

"And here I thought you didn't get the hint, seeing as you're here." I muttered.

"Can you please just talk to me?" He insisted.

"No, because you want to have a fight and I know I'm wrong so can we just not?" I asked with exasperation. "I'm so tired with everything already happening in my life so I don't want to add you to that list. So you can fight with me when we find Hayley. If."

"When." He corrected before sitting down opposite me. "You are going to find Hayley."

"Is this just a guy thing?" I questioned. "Unwarranted optimism. Because you said it and then Marcel and then... and then Klaus."

"Look, I know you don't want to fight, and I don't either."

"So then let's not fight." I said with a shrug.

"But I need to know." Alaric said with a deep breath. "Why didn't you tell Klaus about us? Are you embarrassed of me?"

"Of course not, you're the least embarrassing person in my life." I told him with a wry chuckle.

"Then why not?"

"You know how he treated you when he thought you were just my friend, imagine what would've happened if he knew what you really are to me." I answered honestly.

"And what am I?"

"You know what you are." I said with a shrug. "You are my rock. For the past seven years, you have been the only stable person in my life. And I love you all the more for it."

"Fiore—"

I cut him off by pressing a kiss to his lips which he gladly reciprocated. I then proceeded to sit on his lap before moving my lips to kiss his neck and speeding us into my bedroom.

I took off his shirt and he helped me discard of my dress before pulling his face into my hands. "I really do love you Ric."

"I love you too."

~Freya POV~

"Pretty." Freya said upon entering Grace's secret house for witchcraft. "In a creepy don't get caught alone here at night kinda way."

"Yeah, I've been known to scare off a pigeon or two." Grace joked. "Lizzie and Josie found it like two years ago. Pretty sure it's their evil mean girls' lair."

"You used to love Lizzie and Josie." Freya said with a chuckle.

"Well they used to love me too...until our parents started dating." Grace said with a sigh. "Then it all went to hell."

"I can imagine that puts a damper on a friendship." Freya said in understanding as she picked up an empty beer glass. "Well they certainly share their father's love for the bottle."

"Yeah, but not the tolerance." Grace told her. Freya shot her a look and Grace quickly attempted covering up her tracks. "I've heard rumours here and there."

"Uh-huh." Freya said with a roll of her eyes before pulling up a chair. "So, you wanna find Hayley. Let's start with how she was taken in the first place."