Chapter 43: He Knew This Was Wrong

~Freya POV~

Freya sat outside of Grace's room, ready to bring her back to New Orleans for the funeral and sighed as she gazed at Keelin's contact. She wanted her. She wanted her so badly, but it was wrong of her to do so. And so, she knew she was to suffer alone.

Her phone rang and she sighed as she answered her brother's call, who was no doubt calling to understand the state of his daughter.

"The plane will be there to pick you up in half an hour." He informed her.

"We'll be ready." Freya replied.

"Did you find a witch to help with our geographical predicament?" Klaus inquired. "I can't miss the second line."

"Vincent asked Ivy to do it."
"Ivy hates me."
"All the witches hate you."
"Thanks for that one."

"But they liked Hayley." Freya told him. "And they know that Elliott needs you today."

"Astral projection is tricky magic, so this had better work." He said determinedly.

"It'll work." She insisted. "You'll be there in the only way that you can."

"I should never have agreed to this." Klaus said bitterly. "I should be there beside him, comforting him through what is possibly the worst time of his life."

"I know." Freya commiserated. "But the consequences of you and Grace being together have been escalating. We can't bring that danger into the city."

"This is his mother's funeral!" He shot back. "I should let the city burn!"

"Then what about the danger it poses to you?" Freya questioned. "After all, you and I both know that every moment you spend with Fiore puts you in danger."

"It doesn't matter."

"She is killing you!" Freya insisted. "Chipping away at your life. You have to tell her the truth."

"I don't have to do anything."

"If something were to happen to you and Fiore knew it was her fault, it would break her."

"Which is why she doesn't need to know." Klaus continued. "As long as she refrains from doing magic around me, most of the damage is minimalised."

"Klaus—"

"I am tired of—" Her brother paused mid rant and Freya scrounged her face up in confusion at his sudden silence.

"What's wrong?"

"If this house weren't gasping for SOMETHING isn't any indication, there's another Mikaelson in New Orleans." He answered to her disbelief.

"No, that can't be right. Kol and Rebekah know to stay away and Grace is here." Freya said, pausing as they both realised who was here.

"Elijah."

~Odessa POV~

"What is wrong with you?" Odessa raged as Elijah and Antoinette walked out of the vampire's den.

"Odessa—"

"You let Hayley die!" She snapped at him before turning to Antoinette with a glare. "All for your stupid little Nazi arm candy."

"Don't talk about her like that." He shot back, going to attack, but she simply held her hand in a fist and Elijah felt his entire body constrict in pain.

"You have left Elliott without a mother. Your nephew."

"He is not my family anymore." Elijah insisted.