Epilogue: Time's Greatest Work

~Rebekah POV~

Rebekah took a deep breath before she walked into St James Infirmary. There she saw Marcel handing out train tickets and spoke up with a sheepish smile.

"I don't suppose you saved a ticket for me?" She asked.

"Depends." He said with a wary gaze. "Do you want one?"

"I want to be with you Marcel." Rebekah confessed outright, knowing that enough of them time together had been lacking in clarity.

"Do you really?"

"There's a catch."

"There always is." He muttered nervously.

Rebekah smiled before holding out her hand and showing him the cure. "I'm going to take this cure and I'm going to lead a human life."

"Rebekah—"

"Let me finish." She took his hand and held onto it for dear life. "Marcel Gerard, you are my friend, my partner, my love and if you're willing to have me for the next hundred years, watch me grow old and grey, hold my hand as I take my last breath...then I would very much like to be your wife."

She then retrieved the envelope he had given her only a few months back.

"I do."

And without a further moment's notice, she leaned in and kissed her fiancé, ready for the next step.

~Klaus POV~

Klaus sat at the bar of Rousseau's unable to shake the feeling that he was forgetting something. He'd had a crazy few weeks, so he decided that he was going to take some time to himself and enjoy his drinking by his lonesome.

"I'm not surprised to see you drinking, but I definitely am surprised to see you drinking alone."

Klaus froze as he heard the voice of a woman he hadn't seen in centuries. But sure enough, he turned and there she stood. Her auburn hair had been cut short, her southern drawl had lessened, but he could never forget the beauty of her brown eyes.

"You usually had Elijah or Kol or a pretty lady to keep you company." She added.

"Well you're a pretty lady." He said with a confused laugh. "Care to join me?"

"I thought you'd never ask." She grinned as she sat beside him, taking the glass right out of his hand.

"That's not very ladylike of you."

"We have feminism now, being ladylike is overrated." She replied, making him laugh. "It's been a while, huh?"

"It has indeed." He agreed. "It's good to see you, Amelia."

"You too, Nik."

~Elijah POV~

Something in this house was very wrong. Elijah paced around the courtyard as he waited for Klaus to return home so he could open the letter Fiore had given him. He didn't know how, what or why but judging by the large number of memorabilia of her he had stocked, he knew that Fiore had something to do with it.

"Elijah!" The brunette exhaled in relief as he heard his brother call out to him, only for that relief to turn to fear as he saw him. Klaus walked in with an arm slung around Amelia's shoulder and Elijah could only assume that his brother had a death wish.

"Niklaus, is everything alright?" Elijah asked worriedly.

"Better than alright!" Klaus exclaimed. "Look who I ran into today. You remember Amelia, don't you?"