Chapter 72: This Is It For Her

~Silas POV~

"Fiore, I—"

"No time." His daughter interjected. "Grace is dying."

"What?"

"The Hollow is killing her from the inside." She furthered. "And I need you to help me fix it."

Her father brought her in for a tight embrace and comfortingly soothed her and stroked her hair.

"We're gonna save your daughter, Fiore. Even if it's the last thing I do."

**********************************************************************************

"Anastasia!" Silas banged on Anastasia's door constantly as the witch sighed in irritation. "Anastasia, open the door now! It's urgent!"

She groaned, but nonetheless, waved her hand and opened the door to her unexpected guest. Silas came barrelling through to her side with a frenetic energy about him.

"For future reference, I prefer to be told in advance when you want to visit me." She told Silas.

"I wouldn't have come if it wasn't necessary." He began. "It's about Grace."

"What isn't about Grace?"

"She's dying." Silas told her. "Inadu is killing her."

"We have time, she is not a priority." Stasia replied with a shrug.

"We had time. But she triggered her curse." He explained. "She won't make it through the night."

Anastasia sighed as she looked down at her current project, which was almost to completion. She nodded her head and turned to Silas with a determined look.

"Get me every grimoire you have."

~Elijah POV~

Elijah walked into the dining room where Marcel was already waiting for him, a drink in each hand. Elijah was unsure of Marcel's sudden desire for an olive branch, but he was not foolish enough to look a gift horse in the mouth.

"It's been a long time since we've shared a drink together, you know?" Elijah began as he took the drink from Marcel's hand.

"Yeah, well, you're gonna need it." Marcel mumbled before taking a long sip, clueing Elijah into the real reason for the meeting.

"I take it Davina didn't bring good news." Elijah remarked.

"She and Freya have been holed up with spell books all week, looking for anything to help Grace but...they're out of options." Marcel explained.

"I can't accept that."

"Look, I love that kid." Marcel snapped. "That's my sister. And it's because I love her that I'm telling you this. There is no miracle fix here."

"Anastasia will find something, I'm sure of it." Elijah muttered to himself.

"No, she won't." Marcel insisted. "Maybe if we had a little more time, but she is about to experience her first full moon since she triggered her curse. Every witch out there—Silas and Anastasia included—is sure that she won't survive the night."

"Then Freya can simply perform a binding spell." Elijah continued.

"A spell that powerful will only kill her faster." Marcel rejected. "This is terminal, Elijah. We can't keep it a secret from her any longer. She deserves the chance to say goodbye. And we both know who needs to tell her."

~Fiore POV~

Grace lay sleeping on her bed, whilst her father and I watched on, terrified by the grim looking veins that had crawled all over her body. I lay my head on Nik's lap who comfortingly stroked my hair, in his small effort to keep me at peace.

"They're talking about us again." Nik told me.

"I don't care." I mumbled, not wanting to listen to anymore opinions on the horrors that plagued my child.

"They really think this is it for her." Nik whispered and I could hear the tears in his voice. I sat up and turned to his watery eyes and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "It's not the end, right?"

"Not if I have any say in it." The two of us turned around to find Anastasia there with a determined look.

"Did you fix it?" I asked as I scrambled to my feet.

"No." My sister replied. "But I did find a potential solution. The only problem is, one of you really isn't gonna like it."