Chapter 25- Late night visitor

"Greta!! Greta are you okay?" Muffled voices hung over me as my vision blurred. Half of my body was in the shallow end of the river. I coughed as I tried to move but my body ached. "Greta, wait for me don't move!" I looked up and saw Mason jump down and run over to me. I blinked again and my eyes tried to focus on Marielle. She looked shocked and scared like she was the one that pushed me. Another voice came from the distance making Marielle jump. I turned my head to watch Mason attempt to pick me up. 

"I can..." I said but my ribs hurt catching my breath. He put his arm behind me holding my back up and then his other arm under my knees picking up, holding me in bridal style. I screamed in pain as not only did my ribs hurt, but my ankles hurt as well. 

"Greta!" Someone shouted from the top of the small hill. Mason turned me around as I wrapped my arm over his shoulder to stay steady. He was about to go up when he stopped. I looked in the direction of his eyes and saw Wren standing where Marielle was just a few seconds ago. "What happened? Did Marielle push you?" 

"No," Mason said clearing his throat. "No um, she just stumbled backward. Don't worry, I got her. I'll take her to one of the teachers and they can take her to a doctor," Mason started to look around for an easy place to walk up the hill. 

"Give her to me, I can fix this," Wren said and crotched down, holding his arms out ready for Mason to pass me over. 

"No, don't try to fix this. Marielle already saw me in pain and if I walk back there like I didn't just fall and ram into a sharp rock then she'll be suspicious. I am doing this the normal way," I said not looking over at him. 

"Fine, just let me take you, Greta. Please," Wren begged. His voice was sincere and worried. I blinked away some tears of pain. I nodded and Mason walked me over and I went from one strong pair of arms to another. I winced with every movement and mumbling expressions of pain to myself. They were both silent while I cried quietly. I wrapped my arms around Wren's shoulders once he had a tight grip. "I'll take her to Finnighan then hopefully he can find someone to drive us. Thanks, Mason." 

With that, he turned around and he sped walked, trying hard not to irritate whatever is in pain, to the camp. "Wren, what are they going to think?" I asked as he walked. "They already think I'm asking for attention, now this." 

"Marielle probably already said something. Don't worry about them right now, worry about you. I'm worried to death, Greta! I should have never stayed away from you!" he pulled me closer to him. "I don't care anymore, I'm staying next to you from now on." 

"What are you talking about?" I asked before I heard people chatting and laughing. We made it to the camp. I heard Finnighan say Wren's name and asked what was going on. He hurried over and asked me typical "are you okay" and "what happened" questions over and over. Wren tried explaining to him and asking him to just hurry and drive me somewhere. One of the camp directors was there and offered to drive us a ride to the infirmary. He opened the back door and set me sort of gently inside. He pushed me to one side and seatbelted me in then climbed in and sat in the middle seat. After he was buckled, He gently grabbed my head and rested it on his shoulder. The director informed us that we will be there in no time. 

Next thing I knew I opened my eyes to bright light. I looked around and started to recognize the room. it's the same infirmary I woke up in the time I passed out during the first few weeks I've been in Grimmland. Slowly the feeling came back to me and my ribs and ankle ached in pain. I tried to sit up but a sharp stab slammed me back down. 

"The doctor said not to move until he comes to check on you," someone said next to me. I looked to my left and saw Remington sitting in a chair looking at a book. I took a deep sigh of relief when I saw him next to me. It's not anyone else that will pressure me with talking to them. He noticed me looking at him and smiled. He leaned forward and wiped something off my face. "I know my looks can bring you to tears sometimes but save your energy." I started to notice that my throat was dry and looked around for a glass of water. A door opened and Remington stood up.