Chapter 43 - texts and swords

Wren POV 

"I need to go," I said before walking away from Greta. She offered for me to sit next to her and I did not want to turn that down. I wanted to sit next to her and talk to her, asking about how she was doing. But of course, with perfect timing, Mason texted me saying we needed to meet with Robin Hood. Robin believes that the Granny had some stuff in her house that could help us out. Either may be the exact thing Rumplestiltskin is looking for, or something else. He doesn't know yet. He wants us to scope the place. 

I left her standing there and headed for my bike. i haven't talked to Mason much since last night, assuming he probably saw the dance between Greta and me. If that's what's been on my mind all night, it could be on his too. I guess we will either ignore it and pretend nothing happened or we will have an awkward conversation about it. I'll go with whichever happens. 

I got to my bike, put my helmet on, and headed to the Ugly Duckling—our go-to place for meeting up. I kicked on the bike and headed for the pub. After about twenty minutes, I finally arrived to the Ugly Duckling. I put my helmet on the handles and the keys in my jean jacket pocket before walking into the pub. The workers, sons of the owners, nodded as I walked in and I went straight to Robin Hood and Mason. They were the only ones in the pub. There were three glasses of water on the table waiting for me. 

"Hey, Wren," Robin Hood said when I pulled the chair out next to him. "Ordered you some shepherd's pie. Mason mentioned that it was your favorite, right?" I nodded and looked over at Mason who was glancing at his phone. "Mason, you should tell him what happened," Robin said trying to get Mason to look up. Mason put his phone on the table and sighed. 

"What do you mean what happened?" I asked him. "When did something happen?" 

"After the party," Mason said sitting back in his chair. "Rumplestiltskin had everyone go into the castle to have a little...chat," the way he stressed the word chat had me intrigued. "Greta was wearing the wrong dress, well she said she was wearing the wrong dress. He was livid about it. Going on about how last night was supposed to be a coming out party for their family rule. He wanted Greta and her mom to wear a family crest to show that they are in charge now and that they are in their legacy now.

"But she didn't, she defied him by wearing Auradon colors and symbols. So at the end of the party, everyone went home, and Greta was at her table with her friends. So he rangled us all into the castle and scolded her in front of us. He demanded she never see her friends again." 

This is all explains why Greta was sitting in her old usual spot. She looked as if she was deep in thought when I showed up. "he demanded her to never see her friends?" I repeated for confirmation. 

"Yes. And how he did that was," Mason cleared his throat. he looked over to Robin Hood and back to me. "He choked me. With magic, all of a sudden I couldn't breathe and it felt like hands were clamping down on my neck. She freaked out at him and then agreed." I stared at him blankly. Not knowing how to comprehend this information. I can't believe he would do that to Mason. I stood from the table. 

"Where is this bastard?" I demanded angrily. Even though he didn't actually lay a finger on my best friend, how dare he use him to threaten Greta? How dare he threaten Greta? 

"Man, you think you can go up against Rumplestiltskin? Obviously, you don't even need to go that close to him to have him strangle the air out of you," Robin Hood said. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back into my chair. "we need a plan. That's why we are here. Now, kids, I scoped out Granny's cottage a couple of days ago. She's got a lot of herbs and stuff in there. I don't know if any of them are what Rumplestiltskin is looking for. But, there is the tonic she gave Greta when she was feeling low energy. You and Greta could both use it if you both aren't around each other and start feeling weak. There may be other things in there too. After our lunch, let's head on down there."