Chapter 26 - Limp

Limp. Limp. Limp. It was finally Monday and I was allowed to go back to school. But I still limped around with bandages on my ankle and around my torso. I was on my way to the courtyard. Hanna told me that I need an entourage to get around and insisted they all take me to my classes. Luckily Shawn is in my first class so he is walking with me this time. I just fell down a hill but they keep acting like I was attacked. 

When I got to the table they all cheered because I actually came. They thought I wouldn't. How do they overreact so much? Yasmin jumped up and came over to me, locking her arm with mine. "I have been meaning to tell you how cool you were pulling that girl's hair. I know you can do so much worse!" She laughed. Instead of insulting me, she's praising me? I don't know if I like nice Yasmin but it's better and less stressful. I don't have time for her to mock me anyway. 

"You...okay, Greta?" Jordan stuttered. I was surprised that he spoke. Like Shawn when he first got here, he's been quiet and kept to himself. But he does say more than Shawn has ever said in probably Shawn's whole life. I nodded at him and smiled. He blushed and looked away. 

"Great, so Shawn is going to take you to your first class. I will pick you up there and take you to the second class. Remmy is going to pick you up for the third hour and then take you to lunch," Hanna started listing my agenda. "Mason will probably join us at lunch. He has the last class with you right?" 

"Listen," I sighed. "I just fell down a small hill, why are you acting like someone shoved me down and attacked me." I limped closer to them and sat on the bench. "I can go to and from class all by myself, I don't need any bodyguards." 

"Greta it took you 20 minutes to get here. And when I left you were just about ready," Hanna sat next to me. "We just want to make sure you are going to not stumble and fall. Who knows if any of these kids are going to help you." She was right about that. These kids have already been gossiping about me and that I only wanted attention. They all knew Wren is the one that helped me. By the way he acted, I'm surprised he's not here. The bell chimed and everyone started grabbing their bags. 

"well," Miranda said. "See you guys at lunch." She, Yasmin, and Jordan walked to their morning class. Shawn grabbed his bag and took mine off my shoulder. I looked at him to read his expression. As always he was serious. 

"Shawn," I sighed. "Alright, I don't think anything I'm going to say will change you guys' mind so let's go." I started to limp away while Shawn followed behind slowly. His class was right next to mine. When we turned the corner that led us to my class and saw Wren standing next to the door. How does he know where my class is? When he noticed we approached, he walked over to us. Making Shawn defensive and standing in front of me. I rolled my eyes and tapped on his shoulder. "I'm fine, just go to class." Shawn looked at me and I nodded in confirmation. He hesitantly walked away and Wren got closer. 

"You have a bodyguard now?" he asked me. I looked back at Shawn walking through the door of his classroom. "I've been worried all weekend since Remington kicked me out. Greta, I am sor--" 

"What promise did you make with Rumplestiltskin?" I asked him quietly. I couldn't stop thinking about what Rumplestiltskin said to me the night I think he visited me at the infirmary. "I don't know if I imagined it or not but Rumple came to me in the infirmary and--" Wren grabbed my arm tightly. 

"He came to you? Are you okay? Did he hurt you even more?" He sounded angry like he was thinking all the worst scenarios possible. 

"No he just," I was about to tell him what Rumplestiltskin told me but the second bell chimed. We were both late for class. "I'm going to go to class. Act as if nothing has happened, you should too. Ignore me for the rest of the day." I wabbled into my class and listened to the teacher give instructions.