Chapter 3- Plotting

Mason and I sit back down at the table while we wait for "boss lady." Whoever that is, it seems like the men that work here don't make final decisions without her. I could feel Mason watching me as I read the letter that was written on the napkin from Wren. I kept tapping my finger on the table unconsciously, a nervous tick of mine that I've always had. A hand was placed on top of my fidgeting hand. I look up to a concerned look on Mason's face. "What Mason? You've been staring at me this whole time, making me nervous." 

"I can tell, and frankly the tapping is starting to get on my nerves," he said. I groaned and sat back in my chair, folding my arms. But that's not what I wanted to talk about. I'm sure we can trust these guys, but they didn't really say much after you announced who you are, do you think they are going to report you for something?" One thing that has been going on these past few weeks was I am wanted for the disappearance of Wren. I am sure there is a reason they decided to put the blame on me, but not only are we hiding out in forests and small bed and breakfasts to look for Wren and Robin Hood, but we are also hiding me. One thing I am worried about is who "Boss Lady" is and what they will do with me. "Greta," Mason sighs concerningly. 

"Let's just see who the Boss Lady is, I can probably talk my way out of things. Besides, they know I am trying to look for Wren, they might want to help me and not turn me in," I suggest. I used to not look on the bright side, but that's all the hope I need right now. 

The door swung open and someone stood in the doorway. Everyone was quiet as they walked in and went straight to the bar. I couldn't believe at what I was looking out, I had to take a double take. "I guess that makes sense," Mason scoffs. In a purple maxi dress, Rapunzel smiled as she chatted with the workers. One man pointed in our direction and she turned to look over at us. Mason got out of his chair and stood still, probably a respect thing for royalty or something. I slowly did the same but kept my head down in shame. Last I saw Rapunzel, Rumplestiltskin and my mother had the stolen Fairygodmother's wand and broke free from their chains and escaped, ending up taking Wren with them. She probably believes I had something to do with it. Rapunzel came over to our table. 

"Mason, I'm surprised to see you here. I know the fall break is going on now, but when your mother said you left with a friend for a vacation, we both knew it wasn't true and worried. I guess you were really here, with Greta," Rapunzel put her hand on his shoulder. Next she looked at me. And I was agonizing what was going to come out of her mouth. Like the first time we met, she leaned over and gave me a hug. Another hug? How does she know when to give me a hug? 

"I hope you don't feel guilty for anything. I know you were trying to stop what went down. We can only put the blame on Rumplestiltskin and Gothel," she cleared her throat. "You know, I've watched you and Wren together closely. The way you guys look at each other shows so much love and care you both have. When my men called me saying Gothel's daughter, I dropped everything I was doing, which was painting and reading a book about cooking, and came right away. It's so good to see you guys again, sit down." Mason and I both hesitantly sat down while Rapunzel went around and sat next to Mason. 

The men started to gather chairs and sit down. "Now, it sounds like we need to come up with a plan. Let me tell you now, with those two it will be very difficult to find them. Our main priority is to find my son Wren, correct?" Rapunzel asked. Everyone nodded until the guy in charge pointed to me. 

"The chick wants to find Robin Hood. You know, the Hood?" He shouted to Rapunzel. She looked at me and nodded in comprehension. What was she thinking? "He was just here today, in town, said one of my men. If we act quick we can get 'em." 

"What's your reason of finding him, Greta?" She asked me calmly. I replied nervously. 

"I believe he is my father. And if I find him, maybe he could help me find my mother. Then we could find Wren." 

"Ah so just like the stories, you think Robin Hood and your mother fell in love? It could just be an idea, Greta, but if it's that important to you, then let's try. I am leaving for Auradon tomorrow for a meeting with King Ben, but I will be back in two days. What were we thinking boys?" 

No one made any suggestions that seemed worth trying, just brainstorming. Mason and I were pretty quiet and just sat, listening. Mason started to open his bag, looking for something. He pulled out a crossbow and set it on the table. It was The crossbow, Robin Hood's. The only only he could make a perfect shot with, until I did. 

"My mother showed this to me, it's supposedly one of Robin Hood's bows that was a gift from an old friend. It's charmed in a way that only Robin Hood or a descendant of his can make the perfect shot. Greta shot this arrow once," Mason looked over and smiled. "And it was a perfect shot." Everyone looked at me in awe. 

"Are you suggesting we do something with it?" I was kind of catching on to where Mason was going. I've heard the story of how his mother first rebelled getting married. Men were competing in an archery competition. Until she beat every contestant, even splitting an arrow in half. 

"A competition," I interrupted. "Robin Hood is support to be infamous for his archery skills, I've heard. If people think they can do better it can lure him out. That bow may also draw him out as well." 

"Exactly, Greta," Mason smiled at me. We started discussing some more. Rapunzel is going to make a whole night of it. Starting with shops and bakeries selling their food at the event, then the competition. Ending the night with a masquerade ball, everything free of charge and open to everybody. The winner of the competition will get honored at the ball. If Robin Hood really does show up, he will most likely win and then he has to go to the masquerade ball, where I can find him. This event will all happen three days from now, meaning Mason and I have to head back to town to find something to wear.