Chapter 1

1 — YOU'LL FALL IN LOVE WITH ME ONE DAY

***

THE day was going absolutely lovely for Thalia Scamander. She was going into her seventh year at Hogwarts and couldn't be happier with how her seventh year was about to go. She was Head Girl, Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain, and well on her way to become an Auror, her dream job.

She and her younger twin brothers, Lysander and Lorcan—Lysander in Gryffindor and Lorcan in Ravenclaw—boarded the Hogwarts Express together and waved each other goodbye before they all went their separate ways to their friends.

James Potter, Harry and Ginny Potter's son, started to fancy the Hufflepuff in their second year. It started with minor, flirty little complements here and there, until 5th year came along. Then James constantly started asking Thalia out—again and again. And each and every time, Thalia declined, leaving the Gryffindor Seeker more persistent after every rejection. James had been friends with Thalia ever since they were babies, considering they were in the same year and their parents went to school together. Even Luna Scamander (née Lovegood), Thalia's mother, helped Harry find the lost diadem of Ravenclaw during the Battle of Hogwarts.

   But who could blame James for fancying Thalia? Thalia Scamander was the definition of a goddess—stunning in every way, shape, and form possible. Her gorgeous blonde hair was inherited from her lovely mother, her compassion from her father, and her feistiness? Goodness knows where that came from, seeing as her parents are more on the introverted side, but Thalia's independence, sass, wit, and sarcasm causes people to wonder why she isn't in Gryffindor—maybe even Slytherin.

   She bade her brothers goodbye and strutted down the train corridor checking the compartments to find her best friends, Samuel West and Kristina Ash-Wood. Thalia met them both on her first day on the very Hogwarts Express itself. Samuel West was a muggleborn and sorted into Hufflepuff along with Thalia, yet he was one of the most talented wizards Thalia had ever met. He never let his blood define him and was easily on of the top students in their grade. Kristina Ash-Wood is the adopted daughter of Noah Ash and Oliver Wood. She was sorted into Gryffindor, but she never let her house get in the way of the trio's friendship. Of course, just like her father, Kristina was extremely talented at Quidditch, and a chaser on that note.

   "Look what the cat dragged in," Samuel said as Thalia slid open the compartment door of the compartment that he and Kristina were already sitting in.

   "Pleasure, Sam," Thalia smirked as she settled down next to Kristina kicking one leg up on the seat in front of her. "Lovely to see you too, Tina."

   "Always," Kristina smiled. "Don't you have a prefect meeting to host Thals?"

   "Sadly," Thalia huffed.

   "I heard James Potter is Head Boy," Samuel said, wiggling his eyebrows.

   Out of nowhere, the compartment door slid open to reveal James Potter as he leaned against the door frame. "Someone say my name?" He smirked.

   "Hello James," Thalia greeted dryly.

   "Always makes my day when I see your beautiful face, my darling Thalia." James said cockily.

   "I know my presence practically makes you drool, but you're gonna have to tone it down a bit, James," Thalia said.

   "Go out with me, Scamander."

   "I think that I have to pass, Love."

   "Ah, well, there's always next time," James said confidently, yet deep down his chest ached, "Anyways, a little birdie told me that you are Head Girl."

   "And a little birdie told me that you are Head Boy."

   "Looks like we gotta share a dorm, Princess."

   "Better respect my privacy."

   "Hopefully there's one bed."

   "Did you not hear what I just said?"

   "Alright you two, stop flirting and get to your prefect meeting!" Kristina cut in, shooing the two away.

   James and Thalia scowled at the snickering duo as Samuel and Kristina ushered them both out of the compartment.

   "So about that date..."

   "Maybe next time, Potter."

"I'm counting on you next time then."

"Then don't."

***

   When the two arrived to the prefect carriage they found the Hufflepuffs and some of the Ravenclaws already there. When everyone arrived, Thalia started the meeting.

   "Hello everyone, I'm your Head Girl, Thalia Scamander, and this is—" Thalia started but was cut off abruptly.  

   "—James Sirius Potter—Gryffindor Quidditch Captain and certified heartthrob of Hogwarts. Your new Head Boy, at your service" James cockily smirked.

   "Yes, Mr. Boastful. Now, if you have any questions please come to me or James," she said sending a sarcastic smile towards James, who rolled his eyes in response.

   "What happened to sexy future husband? I'm sure you would wanna get a load of this guy in bed."

   "Whatever floats your boat. Moving on—"

   "Yes or no! You never answered me!"

   "Nice try, James," Thalia said amusingly, as he shrugged at her, as all the prefects in the compartment laughed at the entertaining rejection.

   "You'll fall in love with me one day, Scamander."