Chapter 30

30 - DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY

***

BOTH James and Thalia had done a wonderful job as Head Girl and Head boy in planning the ball for tonight in honor of the twenty fourth anniversary of the Dark Lord's final defeat.

The Great Hall was covered in bright gold decorations in celebration. Delicious platters of food were scattered on the long buffet table along with drinks (Non-alcoholic of course, but James and co. probably spiked them secretly unbeknownst the professors, but why would they care? It's a party!).

It was a bit sad that both wouldn't be surprised by the decorations, but it was still a lot of fun decorating the giant room.

"I swear we just had a party," Thalia murmured as she slipped on her dress for the night.

The two along with Dominque, Rose, and Lily we're getting ready in Thalia's dorm room.

"More time to have fun before we graduate. At least we didn't pull a Harry Potter and become homeless for ten months," Kristina joked.

"Imagine how much my dad stunk," Lily laughed.

"Stop making fun of your dad, Lily!" Rose scolded.

"Oh lighten up, Rosie-Posie. It's all in the fun. Tonight, it's a celebration. And we are not letting you be a party-pooper, yeah?" Dominque said.

"I still can't believe that you managed to snag dates! I mean most younger kids would die to go to this party," Kristina said.

"Well, perks of being famous yeah? We can pull anyone," Lily laughed.

"Well, I'm a prefect so I sort of have to be there," Rose said.

"We all should go in French Twists!" Thalia suggested. "Then we all can match!"

"That's actually not to shabby of an idea," Dominque said.

"I know how to do them!" Rose said.

"We get it Rose. You know how to do everything. Just like your Mum," Kristina said.

"Definitely did not get your father's genes," Thalia laughed.

"Well I got the ginger hair!" Rose countered.

"And everything else? Your mum," Dominque said.

"Oh whatever!" Rose giggled as the rest of the girls bursted out laughing too.

***

After they had gotten ready, they all left Thalia room and walked through the hallways and corridors of the school down to the Great Hall where the party was awaiting.

Lily met up with her date, who gave her his arm and walked her in. Rose went alone, and Dominque went inside, hand-in-hand with Mark. Lastly, Kristina walked in with Lysander.

Thalia looked around for James, and as she scouted the surrounding area, the boy was no where to be found.

"Thought I didn't show up or something?" A voice drawled from behind her.

Thalia spun around to find James standing behind her with his hands behind his back, holding a smirk. His dark brown hair was combed back neatly, and he was dressed in fine black dress robes.

Thalia grinned and grabbed his chin to pull him down to her level as she pecked his lips lightly.

"Hello, James," she smiled as she let him go.

"I got a gift for you," he said.

"Oh James, you didn't have to," Thalia said.

"S'alright," James said as he removed his hands from behind his back to reveal a small matte black box.

He opened the box to reveal an elegant and radiant clip, that shone with beautiful crystal gems.

Thalia gasped at its dazzling beauty, and her hands flew up to her face in shock.

"It goes with your dress," James grinned.

"Oh James. I can't possibly take this. It is absolutely beautiful. I can't even imagine how expensive it must of been."

"Please Thalia. Take it. I insist."

"Are you sure?"

"Deadly."

Thalia nodded, finally giving in as she turned to the side to allow James to fasten the hair clip in her hair.

James took her hand, beckoning her to take it as he slowly lead her to the tall wooden double doors of the Great Hall.

"The ball awaits us m'lady," James chuckled. Thalia laughed in response, shaking her head in response. "Are you ready?"

"Ready as I will ever be."

***

A/N:

Oh my frackle of a crackle, we hit 20k.

Never in my life would I have thought that this book would actually do this well since most people don't like next-gen. Thank you all so so so much! I swear earlier this week I was just barely inching at 9k.

My one-shot book will probably come out after this book is completed (which is very soon much to my dismay).

Most of the content in that book will be of James and Thalia because they are definitely my favorites. :)