Chapter 18

18 - SIMP

***

THE Valentine's Hogsmeade trip was approaching much to everyone's surprise, this was the first year that James Potter hadn't asked Thalia out on the trip.

Thalia has just woken up and got ready for the day like any other normal day. When she stepped out of her room, she noticed James just about to hop through to portrait home to leave their dorm, but she stopped him before he could leave.

"James! No James! Wait up! Can we talk?" Thalia called.

James whirled around immediately as he heard his name spill out of Thalia's mouth, "So after a month you finally decide to talk to me, huh?"

"Look, I'm really sorry about the whole mess. I really didn't mean to hurt you in the slightest. You know that I would never." Thalia apologized.

"S'alright. I understand. I don't think I would have trusted me either if I were in your shoes," James chuckled lightly.

"So we are good now right?" Thalia asked warily.

"Yeah, we are good," James confirmed.

"So... I was wondering... if uh... you would like to hang out at Hogsmeade together during the upcoming Hogsmeade trip-just the two of us," asked Thalia, nervously.

"Wait what?" James asked, shocked. "Are you talking about-as in... the Valentine's Day trip? L-Like a date? Just the two of us? As in you and I?"

"I think that's what going out is, Potter," Thalia laughed.

"Are you serious?"

"I believe that is your middle name, not mine."

"Fuck off, Scamander."

"I thought that you wanted to fuck me?"

"Stop using my rebuttals against me!"

"You're cute Potter."

***

Practically nothing could ruin James' day now. He had managed to score a date with his soulmate, and he didn't even have to ask this time.

Had he finally stolen her heart after all this time?

He couldn't wait to tell everyone as soon as possible.

At dinner, James possibly couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Guys!" James said, catching the attention of all his friends at the Gryffindor table while they were eating the dinner feast.

"What is it?" Dominque asked.

"I asked a girl out," he smirked.

"Holy shit! No way!" Mark exclaimed.

"Oh I'm sorry. I assume she said no," said Lysander.

"What? No, she said yes."

"Really? Oh, I'm sorry for her."

"Dude, you just got roasted," Mark commented.

"Wait you asked Thalia right?" Dominque asked. "I thought that you said you weren't going to ask her out this year?"

"Erm... well actually... she asked me..." James said awkwardly.

"No way! My sister actually asked you?! She must really be out of her mind!" Lysander said, wide-eyed.

"Go to hell, Scamander. Looks like you owe Mark ten galleons." James winked.

"Told you that the two would eventually score a date. Pay up, Icky-Ly-Ly," Mark said.

"I love that girl," James said, dreamily.

"Fucking simp."

"My sister must be so embarrassed right now. She probably asked you out of pressure. And now we know, and she's going to be so ashamed. Next thing you know, James is going to announce it to the whole world, and then she will really want to die," Lysander groaned.

"Thanks for the epic suggestion, Ly!" James said.

"I shouldn't have said that-"

James stood up on top of the bench and stepped up onto the table catching the attention of quite a few students and the teachers, and he placed the amplifying charm on himself to intensify the volume of his voice.

"Ayo Hogwarts!" James echoed. "Guess who just scored a date with the love of my life!"

Thalia turned her attention to James and shook her head laughing. She got up onto the Hufflepuff table and amplified her voice as well.

"James fucking Potter just scored a date with me losers!" She yelled.

The entire of the Hogwarts population was absolutely shocked and bursted into cheers.

"No way!"

"She finally gave in!"

"Let's go, Potter!"

"You actually said 'yes'?!"

"Damn go get your man, Scamander!"

"Hell yes!"

"I know, I know! We are going to be the best date at Hogsmeade, and you all won't even be able to compare, so don't even try!" James shouted.

"Mr. Potter! Ms. Scamander!" McGonagall called, also using the amplifying charm to overpower the students' voices.

"What's good, Minnie!" James shouted back. "You proud of us?! Finally going on a date after all these years?!"

"Of course, Mr. Potter. I am very pleased at after so many years you had finally gotten the girl. Make sure you don't mess this one up like your grandfather did with his grandmother. Now may you and Ms. Scamander please sit down so we can continue on with dinner?" She asked.

"Definitely won't be messing this one up, Minnie!" James shouted.

"Anything for you, 'Fessor!" Thalia yelled.

Thalia and James both hopped down from the tables and sat back down in their seats sheepishly.

"100 galleons that they will get married as soon as they finish Hogwarts."